lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-21-2011, 07:26 AM   #11
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: batteries

as i said i,m no battery expert but after working on elec. carts for some time now i have seen everything from the good to the bad........in our campground there are 22 miles of roads with a modest guess of 5000 carts, 3500 camps that 3/4 own 2 or more carts.......i don,t know how often they drive them or when they charge them but out of all these carts with at least 1/2 of them elec. an average set of trojens up here is 8 years old with lots of people with 10 year old batts, and some older as i mentioned now is that the norm?? i don,t know and don,t claim to know just telling you what i see.......batteries i see that don,t last 2 years in most cases are energizers, and deka and another one can,t think of the name......but these are the worst batteries by far to deal with and forget it if you let them go dead you,ll spend a week bringing them back........i have seen these make chargers work so hard the charger ends up needing work........not everyday but yes i see it every year during the season more than a few times.....i,m in no way a battery expert and don,t want to be i,m just telling you what i see in my travels....................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-21-2011, 07:27 AM   #12
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

as i said i,m no battery expert but after working on elec. carts for some time now i have seen everything from the good to the bad........in our campground there are 22 miles of roads with a modest guess of 5000 carts, 3500 camps that 3/4 own 2 or more carts.......i don,t know how often they drive them or when they charge them but out of all these carts with at least 1/2 of them elec. an average set of trojens up here is 8 years old with lots of people with 10 year old batts, and some older as i mentioned now is that the norm?? i don,t know and don,t claim to know just telling you what i see.......batteries i see that don,t last 2 years in most cases are energizers, and deka and another one can,t think of the name......but these are the worst batteries by far to deal with and forget it if you let them go dead you,ll spend a week bringing them back........i have seen these make chargers work so hard the charger ends up needing work........not everyday but yes i see it every year during the season more than a few times.....i,m in no way a battery expert and don,t want to be i,m just telling you what i see in my travels....................
Old 04-21-2011, 07:37 AM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

We do not have enough of the right information to give you a valuable response. Except for a word of caution.
3 yr old batteries could be on their last leg or at mid life. Regardless of the brand batteries can be made to last 10 yrs or 1 year. Proper care and use has everything to do with their condition. They would really need to be load tested to know their true condition and value.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:48 AM   #14
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

thats why i mentioned to make sure they are good cause if they are good 3 year old batts even if you only get another 2 years they are worth 150.00 every day of the week here.........i just priced a set of 8 volt private label batteries that are on par with the best out there..............172.00 apeice, he told me the afternoon i called they went up 30.00 each that morning, i know another fellow who has a pallet full of new trogens selling for 115.00 apeice, i don,t know what they cost down south but up here thats the prices that i,m finding...................so for me 150.00 for a good set of 3 year old trojens key being good i wouldn,t hesitate to buy them........................
Old 04-21-2011, 07:54 AM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

They are worth $90 in core fees alone to me.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:00 AM   #16
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

OK here is the way it works,
Battery maintenance is #1 , the more time U spend the longer they last.
Never discharge to low,
Use distilled water,
proper water levels,
keep clean,
and de-sulfate according to battery recommendations.

And don't under-size the battery, get the highest AH rating available, less discharge on the battery = longer life

my .02
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 06:34 PM   #17
Juiceman
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I do not recommend Trojans. CC has switched OEM to Crown for a very good reason. Trojan has outdated, manual manufacturing processes. Crown has automated, controlled processes. Plus, Crowns are slightly cheaper. Do some homework: http://crownbattery.com/?page=deepcycle
Juiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 06:49 PM   #18
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiceman View Post
I do not recommend Trojans. CC has switched OEM to Crown for a very good reason. Trojan has outdated, manual manufacturing processes. Crown has automated, controlled processes. Plus, Crowns are slightly cheaper. Do some homework: http://crownbattery.com/?page=deepcycle
WoW 1st post and U'r already telling us to do homework .
I don't believe I'm going to like the new teacher
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 06:52 PM   #19
Juiceman
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Just some food for thought before your adopted son burns up his brain cells before he's out of diapers.
Juiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 06:27 AM   #20
ajbrown
Getting Wild

Club Car

Equalizing?

I notice in reading the Trojan site under maintenance, they mention equalizing the pack periodically to reduce sulfation. http://www.trojanbattery.com/Battery...qualizing.aspx

Seems I need special equipment to equalize my pack? If so, any references?How often do folks do this?

Thanks for sharing
ajbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car