lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2011, 03:35 PM   #1
slabman
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Cart Surging

I have a rebuilt IQ DS Car and recently have experienced more and more "surging" when holding the pedal in a fixed position. It continually tries to accelerate and decelerate when driving at a steady speed. The batteries are new Trojans.

I was told by one dealer that the "NCOR" might be bad (What is that?), but he'd need to look at it to be sure. Since he didn't show up today, maybe someone here can help with the cause of this problem? Thanks.

2005 Club Car, DS, IQ
3.3 HP C.Car motor EJ4-4001
FSIP Controller, 250 A (#1510-4001)
slabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-23-2011, 08:29 PM   #2
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Cart Surging

What he said was MCOR which is pedal speed control under passenger floor on 2005 IQ CC.
If its starting to loose internal contact through the range of movement it may need to replaced. I would check several things before replacing unit.
#1 Check linkage for wear between pedal assembly and the MCOR as if linkage is loose you have varying speed as cart frame flexes when moving.
#2 Check speed sensor on outboard end of motor as it may not be working correctly. Turn key on and run-tow switch to run, try pushing cart by hand there should be resistance not a free rolling cart.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:46 AM   #3
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Default Re: Cart Surging

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD MEC View Post
What he said was MCOR which is pedal speed control under passenger floor on 2005 IQ CC.
If its starting to loose internal contact through the range of movement it may need to replaced. I would check several things before replacing unit.
#1 Check linkage for wear between pedal assembly and the MCOR as if linkage is loose you have varying speed as cart frame flexes when moving.
#2 Check speed sensor on outboard end of motor as it may not be working correctly. Turn key on and run-tow switch to run, try pushing cart by hand there should be resistance not a free rolling cart.

GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ncor, surging
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car