lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-18-2011, 02:21 PM   #11
Golfdog
Gone Wild

Default Re: 1998 club car 48 volt speed problem, please help!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimrcauthen View Post
thanks tom, i am a golf cart mechanic in south carolina. the cart has given me all kinds of surprises. the cart 1st came in not running in reverse, we found the problem in the wiring harness under the f&r assembly. the black/white wire that is connected into the black wire, that slows the cart down for reverse. i talked to another club car mechanic, he told me to cut out that splice, and put a butt connector in that spot, it caused the cart to run full speed in reverse, the customer had no problem with this. everything ran fin, we delivered it back.
3 days later, the cart stopped on them, this time , no forward or reverse. i picked it up, and we have changed the solenoid, controller, and have did continuity test on all the wires , the cart runs full speed when you press the pedel, and as the pedel is pressed down the cart gets slower until it stops, this thing has me stumped, i have never had this happen before or has my friend that was a club car mechanic for 25 years.
what do you suggest we try next???? thanks kim
Do a continuity test from the purple wire at the vglide to the purple wire at controller B- terminal. You should have continuity if not then its likely that the + and - wires are switched creating a 0-5k pot
Golfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-19-2011, 07:15 AM   #12
Golfdog
Gone Wild

Also check that the vglide is wired correctly. There are 9 terminals the 1st at the bottom is connected to the wiper arm (yellow wire) The 2nd is connected to negative (purple) and the top 9th connected to positive (white) They all have resistors attached except #1
Golfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 08:41 AM   #13
davet
Gone Wild

Club Car

He must have fixed it,He isn't talking ??????Dave
davet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 09:28 AM   #14
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

yes kim please any kind of update?............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 03:53 PM   #15
kimrcauthen
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

no, not fixed! we sent the controller off to be repaired, the controller i installed had the A2 post which we did not need. i am hoping that you guys are right with the 0-5 to 5-0 thing. that makes more sense than everything else. i will definitely keep you guys informed on what it was. thanks for all the help. kim
kimrcauthen is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car