lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-21-2011, 05:38 PM   #11
itstheburns327
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: 98 48v club car slow

i pulled the vglide switch out of the cart. what is the proper way to test it? i do notice that the contacts are only hitting the very bottom half of the stationary contacts. the wiper is not hitting the full contacts. is this wrong? could i change out just the wiper brush or should i just replace the assembly? thanks! i did a retest of everything and all checks out. batt pack has close to 51 volts, load tested all the batts and they held strong. before i pulled this vglide switch out, i replaced ALL high current wires with 4awg wire with no change. I swapped out controllers with no change, solenoid seems fine. the cart does move forwards and backwards, just no speed, its like its running on dead batts but they are not dead. they are not brand new but are not more than 2 years old. sorry to repeat my prev post but i want to be thorough
itstheburns327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-21-2011, 05:41 PM   #12
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

you can try sanding down the contacts and the wiper...you want a nice smooth ride across them.....are all battery voltages close to each other?.......................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 05:49 PM   #13
itstheburns327
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

yeah they all are 8.45-8.56 volts. ill keep u posted
Old 06-21-2011, 06:17 PM   #14
itstheburns327
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

I cant believe i didnt see this..... the regen solenoid is bad. The resistor was getting hot right when i hit the pedal instead of letting off the pedal........ i bypassed it and the cart runs like it should. thanks for all of your help! im so glad it wasnt a controller or motor haha.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:40 PM   #15
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
ok they didn,t have a 48 volt in 94.....48 volt started in 95 so are you sure you didn,t put 6 volt batteries in? happens all the time....i would check that and if the batteries are right than take the cart for a ride about 200 ft or so and than check the resistor coil behind the battery pack for the reagan braking if its glowing red than your problem is in the braking system.................you did say it was a reagan right? if not sorry.......after that i would open the V-glide and see what your contacts and movable wiper arm look like...........................
kinda what i said from the start.............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car