lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-31-2011, 12:44 PM   #41
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: all new parts and still no go

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapjeep2 View Post
Well since are having problems syncing up with instant messenger, it sounds to me like the following...

1. Since you jumped the solenoid to the negative post. I suspect the OBC is indeed bad, have you tried to charge the cart?

2. The Controller sounds like it's programming for the throttle is not matching your throttle and needs to be reprogrammed. This is why the you have full throttle at while the pedal is up and go down while the pedal is on the floor.
You will most likely need to get the controller pro software and a usb to serial cable so you can program it... UNLESS you think you did something while adjusting the the throttle (which I doubt).

you are almost there, don't give up

i didn,t want to jump in and ruin a good thread with good info but i agree sounds like a bad OBC and controller is programmed backwards like for a 5 to 0 pot instead of a 0 to 5 pot or vice versa yes don,t give up your almost there................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-31-2011, 08:33 PM   #42
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

How ya doing Scott, Did we lose you? Don't jump yet buddy!
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:58 PM   #43
fastride
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Before i start, i want to thank everybody that has helped me with getting this thing figured out, especially Cheepjeep2. I had a man close to where i live that has had alot of experience with this kind of a problem, so this is what we did.

1st-, the controller that D&D sold me was set up wrong for my cart,but i am not bashing D&D, he fixed that with his software from alltrax.

2nd-, the black,white and green wire that was going to the last micro switch on the FNR, The black wire was disconnected and does not hook to any thing. The green wire and the white wire are connected together and do not hook to anything and then we ran a single wire from the middle spade connection of the last micro switch on the FNR switch, this is the micro switch that i took off of my old FNR switch. If i had left the 2 connection micro switch, that was on it, it would have been the one on the bottom.We ran that wire to the # 4 on the controller, this gives you the half speed in reverse.

3rd- We then ran a wire from the top of that same micro switch to the positive post on any battery.

4th- We ran a # 4 gauge welding cable through the OBC to the last negative terminal on the last battery so it will still charge.

5th- we cut the small yellow wire that was coming from the solenoid to the OBC and ran it to the B- on the controller. This wire over rides the OBC.
And right now it seems to be running fine. All i have to do now is start putting it all back together.
Thanks again with everybodies help,
Scott
fastride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:49 PM   #44
TDAWG
Gone Wild

Good thread but you are not through yet. Way to hang in there cheapjeep. Fastride you still need to get your charging issue solved.
TDAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:07 PM   #45
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Well done Cheapjeep2,
Very solid and easy to understand diagnosis and tutorial,
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:57 AM   #46
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastride View Post
1st-, the controller that D&D sold me was set up wrong for my cart,but i am not bashing D&D, he fixed that with his software from alltrax.
That's what I figured. It is still worth your time and money to get the software and usb to serial cable to program and diagnose the controller yourself. The software if free for download from AllTrax and USB-Serial cables can be had for $3 off of ebay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastride View Post
5th- we cut the small yellow wire that was coming from the solenoid to the OBC and ran it to the B- on the controller. This wire over rides the OBC. And right now it seems to be running fine. All i have to do now is start putting it all back together.
Thanks again with everybodies help,
Scott
Make sure it charges ok. If it doesn't get a new OBC and then undo the bypass that you did to the solenoid.

Glad to have helped. One thing you did that allowed us to help you.....

Was take Superior pictures, everyone asking for help on these forums can take a lesson from your pictures.
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car