lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-19-2011, 07:50 PM   #1
Lifted
Gone Wild

Default Club car makeover

Well, since my cart is older than me, everything except the batteries are still factory (or appear it with alot of wear), I'm thinking this bad boy needs a makeover. I've been considering making it a 48v, but needed to know a few things before going ahead and putting money into it.

1. Is it possible to take my 36v cart, taking out ALL the wires/motor/batteries (which are beyond expired, anyway) and buying everything for 48v?

2. If its possible, how much would it cost to replace all the wires/motor/insides (not including 6 8v batteries)?

3. I would need to get a different charger, correct?

Thanks.
Lifted is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-19-2011, 07:56 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Club car makeover

yes very possible talk with scottyb he sells a kit for just what you want and your not gonna find better customer service..........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 07:57 PM   #3
Kidder
Gone Wild

Club Car

To do the conversion you will need the following items:
-throttle input (curtis pb 6) approx $100
- controller price depends
- solenoid to match controller
- charger for 48 volt
- cables you can make your own and save a little cash
- keep your stock 36v motor, it will to good on 48v
Kidder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 07:59 PM   #4
Lifted
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
yes very possible talk with scottyb he sells a kit for just what you want and your not gonna find better customer service..........................
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidder View Post
To do the conversion you will need the following items:
-throttle input (curtis pb 6) approx $100
- controller price depends
- solenoid to match controller
- charger for 48 volt
- cables you can make your own and save a little cash
- keep your stock 36v motor, it will to good on 48v
Alright, Ill look at the prices and come up with an estimate. I'll be posting brand names and help with that sort of thing.

Thank you.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:33 AM   #5
ehernand11
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I just recently picked up a '85 CC, and changed out all batteries and solynioids and it's running good. I thought about making the conversion to 48V, but to rich for my blood right now.

I'm gonna get it lifted, dash panel, add rear seats, etc. not to mention the $$ I already paid for the new batteries and the actual cart, so slowly but surely it's be rock'in
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (122.0 KB, 11 views)
ehernand11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:26 AM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

talk to scotty......the kit is complete less the charger..........the price is right the directions spot on and customer service that will not be touched by anyone other than god.........and you are also supporting someone on this site who helps us out here every day ..........what better way to pay someone back........i have never met him i don,t know him other than his business practice but me owning a small business where customer service will either make you or break you the man goes way above and behond..............................
Old 06-20-2011, 06:51 PM   #7
Lifted
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehernand11 View Post
I just recently picked up a '85 CC, and changed out all batteries and solynioids and it's running good. I thought about making the conversion to 48V, but to rich for my blood right now.

I'm gonna get it lifted, dash panel, add rear seats, etc. not to mention the $$ I already paid for the new batteries and the actual cart, so slowly but surely it's be rock'in
Yeah, the price Scottyb sent me for the kit made my eyes bug out The kit is almost what I paid for the cart itself! Wowzer!

I thought someone told me a while ago that lifting/adding larger tires to it at 36v wouldnt be a good idea? So thats why I never lifted mine. But I drove our 48v this weekend and was blown away at the difference in power. I havent driven that 48v since last summer. Forgot how badass it was
Old 06-20-2011, 06:56 PM   #8
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

whatever price he gave you do some shopping and compare.................
Old 06-20-2011, 09:09 PM   #9
Lifted
Gone Wild

I wrote down the parts he said were in the kit. I tried looking them up but could only find most of the parts. I didnt realize such small parts cost the big bucks! Whew, this isnt cheap. :D
Old 06-21-2011, 04:35 AM   #10
rocko
Gone Wild

I have the Club Car DS and have talked with Club Car mechanics that say it was the most reliable and easy to work on cart that Club Car ever built , might not be the fastest or the prettiest but it keeps on going ---------I got this one from a rental house that retired it and have a little over a $1,000 in new batteries , paint , seat covering fabric , used top and cargo box , hub caps and lights
Attached Images
File Type: jpg club car 005.jpg (266.7 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg club car 003.jpg (211.4 KB, 12 views)
rocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car