lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-22-2011, 08:09 AM   #1
Fitz43
Not Yet Wild

Default Run time / Distace

I recently purchased a like new 2003 Club Car Pathway. New batteries but am only geting about 15 miles on flat ground run time. The cart is lifted and has 20 inch tires. Cart top speed is 21 mph. My guestion is : What should I be getting as far as distance and run time. I want something that will get at least double that distance but of course not at wide open 21 mph.
Fitz43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-22-2011, 08:13 AM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Run time / Distace

welcome to BGW......hard to answer there are a lot of variables here......every cart is going to be different but with good fully charged batteries you should get approx 20 to 22 miles between charges......your never gonna get 30 or 40 between charges at least not that i know of..............if you take the lift and tires off you might pick up 5 more miles but,ll you,ll lose maybe 5 mph.......so your cutting your speed back....but there really is no 1 set answer to this question....................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 08:13 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Run time / Distace

Actual run Time?
not possible to say the actual drive time. When we dealers test batteries, we use a discharge machine that takes the batteries from a full charge down to the shutdown voltage of the cart (for example, on a 36 volt system, the cart is considered in "shut down" at 32.5 volts on the pack under load). The length of time it takes do do this, coupled with the ambient temperature, gives us a rough idea of the life of the battery pack (as well as points out any bad batteries in the pack). As a general rule of thumb, any discharge time above 80 minutes is considered fair, above 90 is considered good, and above 100 is considered very good. A brand new set, properly charged and broken in should discharge at approximately 110 minutes.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car