lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-22-2011, 09:54 PM   #11
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: How to bypass an unusual brand of charger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by delagem View Post
I'm sorry, is there some inside joke about LVS?
I'm not here to trash them, but LVS has a poor reputation in the customer service area, that's all. I've been reading about them on these forums for years.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-23-2011, 08:48 AM   #12
delagem
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well, I spoke to LVS today, they don't support that charger anymore. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, it appears to be 9 years old based on the sticker on the circuit board.

The new model they replaced it with is $309. I'd still prefer to repair this one, but am running out of ideas.

To my knowledge this charger didn't spend any time outside, but 10 years in a garage around here can be pretty tough on electrical.

I don't see any problems with the circuit board. No burned components, no bad solder joints, no cold solder joints.

Does anyone have any ideas?

delagem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 08:58 AM   #13
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

just an idea maybe you can take it to a computer repair place or somewheres like that and have them test everything.....dosn,t look that much different than a computer motherboard...........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 12:14 PM   #14
delagem
Gone Wild

Club Car

YAHTZEE!

Well, when all else failed, read the directions!

I pulled out all of my old documentation on this cart from nearly a decade ago, hoping to find something on the charger; theory of operation, directions, something.

I found this instruction sheet, posted below. It would appear that during the first changeout of the OBC, this jumper wire was left off. This is a ground wire that goes from black on the back of cart's charge plug, to the minus on the battery under the driver's seat, aft.

One hour since commencing charge, still taking 12amps, 51v across pack, and rising!

Happy times!

Thanks again everybody!

delagem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 12:17 PM   #15
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

thats letting the charger bypass the OBC.............well all is good than and your up and running................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 12:53 PM   #16
gaminde
Gone Wild
Club Car

Hold on a second 10 years on a charger that may sit outside !!

Just how many people have had or are having problems with there OBC Daily the obc is the same as the board that goes in the charger lets just wait and see how expensive it is to replace it rather than and OBC !!!!

there are three devices mounted with screws on each side of the board how many legs do they have and what are the numbers printed on them.

and more than likely you either do not have an obc or it is jumped because it went bad

I am not a fan of the OBC sorry!!!
gaminde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 12:56 PM   #17
gaminde
Gone Wild
Club Car

Also you could never have of charged that cart with that wire disconnected so when working on the other problem it came disconnected

I've got a bottle of wine on it!!!
Old 06-23-2011, 01:02 PM   #18
gaminde
Gone Wild
Club Car

how come after I respond I see new post that are 4 hours earlier than mine they were not there 20 30 minutes ago ?????
Old 06-23-2011, 01:19 PM   #19
gaminde
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
just an idea maybe you can take it to a computer repair place or somewheres like that and have them test everything.....dosn,t look that much different than a computer motherboard...........................
sorry tom I don't think anybody tests computer boards these days they do not have the equipment to do so or the know how. there all plug in new and test or replace.

Bet that is a processor 20 pin device with adc and or comparator built in

the two big black two leg devices are Diodes ( forms a half wave bridge ) and that is you output (QC1) to the cart, the three leg device is most likely a voltage regulator like a 7805 wonder if we can copy the program in the 20 pin device, loose that and you out of luck the rest can be repaired.
Old 06-23-2011, 01:21 PM   #20
gaminde
Gone Wild
Club Car

Also the brown and blue devices on the side of the processor one should say 4mhz the other is a cap.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car