lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-29-2011, 08:11 PM   #1
rose88
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Double Trouble ( NO GO )????

Ok now I have bought another 1986 resistor cart and it will go and quit go and quit, batterys are good also load tested and good batteries. Checked wiring again and its ok, all solenoids appear to be clicking and sometimes nothing and sometimes it will run and then just quit. Looked at acclerator because it is so loose in floorboard but didnt find anything there.

The F&R switch is so easy to go from forward to reverse its like its not making contact? If I stomp the pedal real fast all way to floor it will come on and quit like there is a short?

I refuse to buy another resistor cart, LOL
rose88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-29-2011, 08:39 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Double Trouble ( NO GO )????

try riding around with your hand on the lever with pressure one way or another see if you make it act up....................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:52 AM   #3
rose88
Gone Wild

Club Car

Got it running after finding the wire from the F/R switch that goes to the last solenoid was very loose in the eyelet. Took apart and put on new ends and it runs. Still wont go until second click, so I am going to put some solenoids on it or switch a few around to try and narrow that problem down.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:12 PM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose88 View Post
Got it running after finding the wire from the F/R switch that goes to the last solenoid was very loose in the eyelet. Took apart and put on new ends and it runs. Still wont go until second click, so I am going to put some solenoids on it or switch a few around to try and narrow that problem down.

Old 07-07-2011, 04:31 PM   #5
rose88
Gone Wild

Club Car

I think the resistors are on backwards? which way does the electricity go from passenger to drivers side or vice versa? I have 2 carts here and they both have coils in different so I am confused
Old 07-07-2011, 05:07 PM   #6
TDAWG
Gone Wild

Ok your cart is not supposed to move until the second click. That part sounds normal to me. If everything is working correctly, it will start moving on the second click and then gets progressively faster with each additional click. 5 clicks total, but only movement on the last 4 clicks.
TDAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 05:25 PM   #7
rose88
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ok I only have 4 clicks total and 1st click nothing, 2nd click starts to move, 3rd click same speed, 4th click faster, and thats it. I have replaced from drivers side to passenger side the 1st 3 solenoids and cleaned all coils, however not sure which one goes where? I would think that the 1st speed coil would start on the 2nd solenoid and continue in that order? Came to me unassembled and I have all new parts just needed a picture of what coil went where.

Thanks for the reply!!
Old 07-07-2011, 05:37 PM   #8
TDAWG
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose88 View Post
Ok I only have 4 clicks total and 1st click nothing, 2nd click starts to move, 3rd click same speed, 4th click faster, and thats it. I have replaced from drivers side to passenger side the 1st 3 solenoids and cleaned all coils, however not sure which one goes where? I would think that the 1st speed coil would start on the 2nd solenoid and continue in that order? Came to me unassembled and I have all new parts just needed a picture of what coil went where.

Thanks for the reply!!
Ok what I would do now is put a volt meter set on 200 volts scale, across the small terminals of the third solenoid.(The one that you said is clicking but no change in speed). Make it click and read volt meter, you should get full pack voltage. If you dont get any reading on volt meter when you here third click, that that is not the solenoid that you hear clicking. The selonoids click in order from drivers side to passenger side. You have to get voltage to the small post on each solenoid in order for them to click. If you dont get voltage, then trace the wire back to the correct micro switch inside the box and check it.
TDAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 06:05 PM   #9
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

to add coils go from left to right.......thinnest coil with the most loops 1st than they get a little thicker and less loops as you go to the right.............................
Old 07-07-2011, 11:23 PM   #10
rose88
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks guys!! I finally got it figured out. The coils that were on it were not right. replaced the 3 coils with new ones, and found 1 microswitch bad in speed box, also took off z shape coil brackets and wire brushed back to metal so it would make good contact. All I can say is you learn something new every day

Great Site!

Thanks again for all your help.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car