lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-30-2011, 08:08 AM   #1
RS Rogers
Not Yet Wild

Default G1 Mix Ratio

Hey Guys
If I wanted to do away with the oli injection & mix the gas what ration do you think I would need? 50:1 or thicker 40 or 32:1

Thanks
Steve
RS Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-30-2011, 12:17 PM   #2
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 Mix Ratio

50 some run less oil if they don't beat on it. The injection runs 100 until you floor it then it puts more in. Run with the governor for golf use say, I imagine you could run a higher ratio than 50 maybe 60-80 range depending on use. If you trail ride run no governor then I'd stick more in the 50:1 range. If you beat it hard 40:1 might be good but will stink more.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 02:17 AM   #3
cjbilly
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

In doing away with the oil injection, is it a simple removal of the oil line and plug the hose??
Would I need to disassemble the oil pump itself? It appears that running pre-mix is safe insurance if the pump would ever go bad and you not catching it.
cjbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:11 AM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I would guess the pump might come apart running with no oil in it, but I don't know. I would rebuild one if I had a G1. It will smoke more with premix, take much more oil, fill the muffler faster, and they rarely go bad....of course they stopped making the G1 in the 80s? Lot of pumps still going and never been touched. But, up to you.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 07:44 PM   #5
Mark P
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I was just told this weekend by an old golf cart mechanic/cart renting agent who stuck with G1's way after their prime years to go 80:1 if you are not beazting the crap out of it-go 55:1 or 60:1 if you plan on running it really hard.

Mark P
Mark P is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha