lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-13-2011, 06:22 PM   #11
rivertime
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Carb Adjustment?

Up until this little deal I have now, you could just tap the pedal and it would start instantly. Even when cold you could just pull the choke once, tap the pedal and she'd start right up. I want that back.............
rivertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-16-2011, 03:32 PM   #12
EliteHvac
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Well i sprayed the carb cleaner near the seals and it ran differently. I have most of it apart and will hopefully get the seals replaced next week when they come in. Will post if it works or not.

Rivertime howd you make out?
EliteHvac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:42 PM   #13
EliteHvac
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Well i installed the seals and off she went. It runs totally different from the day i purchased it. Sounds different and really gets up and goes. It took me a few hrs to complete the task. Having the air gun saved the day. Thanks for all the great info guys.

Rivertime..... how are you making out with your seals??? it has to be them. the clutch side was worn and the fan side had a chunk missing out of it.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:46 PM   #14
EliteHvac
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Doomsman...any other adjustments you could recommend on the carb to get the most out of the motor. It really takes off now and seems to fall off alittle once it gets up to speed (is that normal?). It does have a new belt.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:35 PM   #15
rivertime
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteHvac View Post
Rivertime howd you make out?
Ordered my clutch puller and the threads were all banged up on it when it arrived. Threads inside the clutch didn't look too great either. I've ordered a tap and die set to clean up the threads. Can't do anything until those tools make it here and I can get the clutch off.

Thanks for asking.

Dan
Old 07-22-2011, 08:42 PM   #16
rivertime
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Finally got my stuff. Looks like the seal fixed mine too. Won't know for sure until I go to start it tomorrow morning, but it fired right away after putting it together.

Sitting over night was when it was at it's worst. I've got her loaded in the back of the truck to take it back over to the river. We'll see how it does this weekend.

I've got it down now. I have the tool, and the tool to fix the tool Could probably do it in less than an hour.

Tight squeeze eh? You can hear the tire rubber sqeaking past the wheel wells when you drive it up into the truck bed.

Old 07-22-2011, 08:48 PM   #17
EliteHvac
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

That's great!!!!!!!!!....I still cant believe the difference the seals made. Wish i knew they were bad when i bought it.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:40 PM   #18
rivertime
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Thanks

Mine weren't bad when I bought it. Guess they just went shortly after.

I expected to see a missing piece or ratty looking edges when I got it apart. Other than it being kinda hard and crusty where the crank passes through, they looked fine. Guess that's why once I managed to get it started it ran o.k. for the mostpart.

Feeling a lot better about the whole deal now. They're really pretty easy to work on.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha