lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-20-2011, 05:10 PM   #11
Rosati
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G1 clutch won't come off

For holding the crankshaft, you can use a piston stop.
I used a rachet strap around the pulley and than tied the
loose end around the frame inline with the pulley.
Rosati is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-20-2011, 06:13 PM   #12
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Where did you order it from?

Also take some soft nylon rope and feed it into the plug hole and it will stop the piston from rolling over.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:00 PM   #13
rivertime
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I think once the threads are cleaned up, she'll come right off, but thanks for the tips.

Die came from Amazon.com

14mm X 1.0 die 14mm X 1.0 die
rivertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:29 AM   #14
rivertime
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Wow! Amazing. I got my tap and die today. The threads on the puller were completely messed up. I had to run em all the way from one end to the other. Basically they were bad the entire length.

The clutch was a little bunged up, but not too bad and the tap passed through only cleaning up a couple threads along the way.

I'm going to need to figure out a way to guard the threads on this puller when I'm finished using it. Apparently they're pretty easily damaged.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:25 PM   #15
the.hogman
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I would have thought they'd be hardened on that tool considering the pressure it is intended to exert.
the.hogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:37 PM   #16
jackel440
Gone Wild
Yamaha

What is it with this metric crap!
Dang things are always just a little off size or something.I hate working on the machines at work as all the crap from across the pond is metric.
I will take an old Kingsbury drill over some dang Fuji from Japan anyday!
ALways seems like the dang threads pull out easier than SAE threads.
Ok,sorry about the rant.
Sorry your puller was jacked up.
Some spark plugs come with cardboard tubes over the threads.get a couple of those and slip it over your puller.
jackel440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 05:20 PM   #17
rivertime
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.hogman View Post
I would have thought they'd be hardened on that tool considering the pressure it is intended to exert.
Agreed. Don't know if they were cut wrong to begin with, or if it's because they were banged around. In either case the thing would not work until the threads were cleaned up. Once that was done, the clutch popped right off. What should've been an hour job (including cleaning everything and doing some paint touchup) turned out to be a four day fiasco ordering and waiting for parts.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:35 PM   #18
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

A lot of stuff, like these pullers, is made in China these days. Cheap in every sense of the word, but people will buy it because it costs so much less than a quality product. It is only after you get it home that you discover why it was such a "great deal". Cheapness sells, however- that is why Walmart is so successful.
40-50 years ago, Japan produced the cheap junk, today it makes very high-quality goods. Now it is China, Korea and India that crank out the crap. It will be interesting to see what happens over the next few decades and how it will affect us.
Sorry for the hijack.
GMB74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 08:32 PM   #19
rivertime
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB74 View Post
A lot of stuff, like these pullers, is made in China these days. Cheap in every sense of the word, but people will buy it because it costs so much less than a quality product. It is only after you get it home that you discover why it was such a "great deal". Cheapness sells, however- that is why Walmart is so successful.
40-50 years ago, Japan produced the cheap junk, today it makes very high-quality goods. Now it is China, Korea and India that crank out the crap. It will be interesting to see what happens over the next few decades and how it will affect us.
Sorry for the hijack.
Although mine might've been a cheap piece o crap, it still cost twice as much ($35) as most of the ones I found on other sites. The only reason I ordered it from them was because I could get all three pieces from the same place, on the same order and pay shipping once.

Then again I had to pay for a tap and die and shipping onit to fix the cheap piece o crap anyway. Ya just can't win it seems. Oh well..........it actually works pretty good now that I cleaned up the threads on it.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:46 PM   #20
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackel440 View Post
What is it with this metric crap!
Dang things are always just a little off size or something.I hate working on the machines at work as all the crap from across the pond is metric.
I will take an old Kingsbury drill over some dang Fuji from Japan anyday!
ALways seems like the dang threads pull out easier than SAE threads.
Ok,sorry about the rant.
Sorry your puller was jacked up.
Some spark plugs come with cardboard tubes over the threads.get a couple of those and slip it over your puller.
It's a Yamaha "desighned in Japan", yes it's going to metric, don't hate'em, actually the Metric system is more acurate.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha