lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-03-2011, 10:27 PM   #1
Broke5011
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Which Rearseat

Ive been looking around for a rearseat for my 2007 precedent.Do yall like the ones that use the stock plastic rear braces or the the ones that use a steel rear brace to the top,which ones do y'all prefer.

Thanks
Broke
Broke5011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-04-2011, 08:09 AM   #2
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Default Re: Which Rearseat

I don't know what plastic part you are talking about

But, picking a rear seat is a personal preference kinda thing Mine use the original support bars that retain the down spouts. I also like the kind without that obtrusive vertical bar in the center. I see other carts with them, and I think it's a waste of space.

I also like and use the mini flat bed that the "flip/flop" seats give you

Good luck
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:25 AM   #3
msmith49203
Not Yet Wild

Totally agree with Steve. I have a 2007 Precedent and like the fact that my rear seat keeps the downspouts for the roof drains. I think it is a really cool feature. I do not have the rear "grab bar" but one thing I do like about it is when the seat folds back and sits on it for added support for any weight you sit on it.
msmith49203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:33 AM   #4
Gso125
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I just got one off eBay and it used all the stock supports. Less than an hour it was installed. Very sturdy so far but no one has tried it yet. Cook out today so I will be testing it well. Put it on my 2006 CCP. I was able to use make an offer and got it for $278 shipped.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/220836904359...ht_2009wt_3536
Gso125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:36 AM   #5
msmith49203
Not Yet Wild

Looks like a nice seat for the money!
msmith49203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:43 AM   #6
Broke5011
Getting Wild

Club Car

I'm sorry , I meant the seats that retain the factory rear supports which are plastc or the tops that use a different support.
Broke5011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:25 AM   #7
warmboater
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

The Main difference is the kits that use the factory roof supports stick out further, so the rear seat is further from front seat and extends out the back of the cart a bit more. The kits that replace the roof supports, the rear seat is much tighter in against the front seat. Like Steve said, it's personal preference, i just like the "tighter" look of the kits that replace the rear roof supports...
warmboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:56 AM   #8
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

Not sure if this applies to the Precedent but I just installed a rear seat on my DS and it moved the front seatback a couple inches forward . It really cramps my style. I'm hoping to find a thread on a modification to fix this. If I would have known in advance of this issue I would have searched for a different seat that did not do this.
noserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car