lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-04-2011, 11:39 AM   #1
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Default Just a tip on post-lift kit installs

Most of the folks here probably know this but I don't remember reading it in my instructions and haven't seen it suggested in any posts, so I thought I'd share this from my experience today. It's really common sense I guess but I didn't think about it.

Anyway, I've got a rear tire with a slow leak in it. So, I finally decided to go out and pull it off and go get it repaired. I jacked up the cart and began to take the lugs loose and pull the wheel when I realized something didn't feel right. Sure enough, after riding the cart for a while after installing the lift kit, things settled and caused the nuts on my rear u-bolts to become loose. Not real bad but loose enough to allow things to rattle around a bit. Threw a socket on them and tightened everything back up and all seems to be okay.

So, the tip is: go back and re-snug your nuts and bolts after installing a lift kit and riding the cart for a while.

Loc-tite didn't help in this case because the nuts didn't necessarily get loose, everything just settled together and left some slack behind.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-04-2011, 11:56 AM   #2
Scooter B
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Just a tip on post-lift kit installs

That's a good call. I noticed a similar situation on my EZGO. The U-bolts that came with my kit seem pretty cheap and low quality. I will be replacing with grade-8 bolts, washer, nuts. The HD leaf springs I used are thicker than stock and there is just enough thread left to get the nut all the way on - without the washer. It makes me nervous.

U-bolts are not necessary in my application as the bottom plate that they go through is welded to the axle.
Scooter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:02 PM   #3
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

Good tip! Same goes for when you first put those shiney new wheels and tires on, go back often and check the lug nuts.
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:44 PM   #4
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flintrock View Post
Good tip! Same goes for when you first put those shiney new wheels and tires on, go back often and check the lug nuts.
True. My tire dealer just fixed my leaky tire for free, so when I remount it, I'm going to go back around and snug all the lugs.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:58 AM   #5
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

. . . and don't forget to periodically check the lug nuts on the trailer you tow your cart with . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car