lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-28-2012, 09:57 PM   #11
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: auxillary battery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottginfla View Post
I would use an odyssey pc925
That is a great cranking battery and the drag cart guy's use them but not well suited to this application IMHO. Deep cycle batteries will serve this particular purpose much better than a 925.
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-28-2012, 11:45 PM   #12
Under-Dog
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryH View Post
I used 8ga wire to the fuse block that I mounted in the right glove box hole.

Where did you get the fuse block like the looks of that one??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Under-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:45 AM   #13
Owen
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I have a marine battery in the bagwell with 1.5 amp charger/maintainer attached. Thats about to change when I add 2 6v batts back there for 48v conversion. Im interested in this thread too because of that, running stereo a lot and headlights rarely, but I want them to work when I use them. Im thinking of a front rack for toolbox and the marine battery... undecided.
Owen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:07 AM   #14
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Under-Dog View Post
Where did you get the fuse block like the looks of that one??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a Blue Sea Marine fuse box. Mine is a 6 circut but they also make a 12 if you need larger.

blue Sea Fuse Box blue Sea Fuse Box
Old 02-29-2012, 09:28 AM   #15
Meat Man
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryH View Post
Not sure about the CC but on my EZGO, there is room under the driver's side seat. I also mounted a Harbor Freight battery tender in that same location to keep it charged. I have the battery tender wired together with the 100v plug for my 48v onboard charger so they booth charge anytime the cart is plugged in. I'm running a group 24 deep cycle battery. I used a plastic marine type battery box/holddown to secure the battery. Has worked out really well for me.

Here's a shot of my setup before we mounted the body....

The Battery Tender I bought ($4.99) from Harbor Freight had in the instructions DO NOT USE ON DEEP CYCLE BATTERY. The one I got must be a different model. I had wanted to use it on my D/C battery as an aux. battery.
Meat Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:39 AM   #16
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat Man View Post
The Battery Tender I bought ($4.99) from Harbor Freight had in the instructions DO NOT USE ON DEEP CYCLE BATTERY. The one I got must be a different model. I had wanted to use it on my D/C battery as an aux. battery.
Instructions? You read the instructions?

Now you've gone and made me have to go on line and actually read the instructions for the one I have.

I don't see anything about not using it on a deep cycle but it's $30 now so it's a different model than you got for sure. I think it was like $20 when I bought mine..

HF Battery Charger/Maintainer
Old 02-29-2012, 12:50 PM   #17
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

I bought one like you have, Terry. Mine works just fine with my deep cycle battery.
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 03:12 PM   #18
8-point
Gone Fishing

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by paully walnuts View Post
I see posts from guys that are using an extra battery to run extras. radio, lights, etc. What kind of battery are you using, where do you mount it, and how do you keep it charged?
This thread came up just in time.... I'm rigging mine just like rinman. 12v marine deep cycle right in the bag well. Just picked up everything but the fuse block.
Rinman, are you just using the battery box strap to secure yours?
8-point is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:34 PM   #19
rinman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-point View Post
This thread came up just in time.... I'm rigging mine just like rinman. 12v marine deep cycle right in the bag well. Just picked up everything but the fuse block.
Rinman, are you just using the battery box strap to secure yours?
I did initially, but it didn't stay as tight as I would like. I went to Harbor Freight and bought a better strap there for $3.99 on sale.

The bottom of the bagwell is not level due to the way the plastic is molded. I have my battery box on top of 2 small pieces of 2x4 that are mounted to the bagwell bottom. This way I didn't have to cut up the bottom of the bagwell. I ran the strap out the drain hole and through the cover in the back. I still need to permanently attach my battery box to the wood. I am just going to use a small metal strap from the wood to the battery box. Its really not moving around much the way it is. You still have to be able to get it out if you ever need to replace the battery.
rinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:57 PM   #20
Pablob
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Terry, why didn't you go the converter route
Pablob is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car