lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-10-2013, 08:29 PM   #1
cletus2000
Not Yet Wild

Default switch wiring

I'm new to this and not very good with a computer so let me say sorry if I'm doing this wrong. I have a 2000 ezgo electric pds that does move and there are no ignition switch or FNR. I tested the motor as described in the forum and it works. I need to sort out the dash wires and get them hooked up before I can go any further. Evem thought the switches are gone the wires aren't hacked, I just need to know where they go. I looked at some of the wiring diagrams but they don't seem to match mine. I have a hot red wire, green wire, green wire with black tracer, gray wire, orange wire, white wire, white wire with yellow tracer.
cletus2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-10-2013, 09:37 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: switch wiring

If you really do have a 2000 PDS it is a unique oddball beast unlike any other PDS ezgo made. I know that's not much help but, it will help explain why your does not match the main diagram.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:49 AM   #3
cletus2000
Not Yet Wild

Well it could be a 2001. I'm going by the ezgo passed inspection on the wiring harness of 9/11/2000. The performance drive system stickers are on the side of the cart and the wiring diagrams for the pds system match what is in the cart. Also has a model code D501. Not sure if that means anything relevant.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:24 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

D501 indicates it is a 2001. Enter the serial number on this site and it'll tell you what is was when it left the factory. http://www.shopezgo.com/customer-ser...ialNumber.html

Here is a wiring diagram for a PDS keyswitch panel. I think you have the harness for one with meter and without lights.
The short red wire between switch and meter is missing.
The black wire to meter is missing from your list, but it might be the green/black trace wire you do list.
If so, it should connect to the battery pack's main negative terminal.

Looks like you are already wired for one of these.
http://www.cartsunlimited.net/Digita...ry_Meters.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Keyswitch wiring PDS.JPG (92.7 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:45 PM   #5
cletus2000
Not Yet Wild

Great! That looks like it. You were right its a 2001 TXT standard 36v PDS. Thanks for the info!!
Old 04-11-2013, 07:00 PM   #6
MuckSavage
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Glad you got it sorted out. Now......Welcome!
MuckSavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO