lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-12-2014, 01:55 PM   #31
MyCousinVinnie
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Need help with motor test

That's what I thought. Brand new, out of the box, too. Very odd. Oh well. Will do. Thanks.
MyCousinVinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-12-2014, 02:05 PM   #32
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

f&r switch should be easy to test, you just need to make sure it conducts on F & R and nothing in the middle.
I think to get farther in your trouble shooting I need more information, I'm not the experienced cart guy but electrical design and trouble shooting I have. Can you get me a schematic of your cart? Then explain to me what your doing to convert it. Anything close to your schematic is all i need, you can talk me through the rest.

Did you test the motor and it runs with your conversion? Lets start there and work backwards. lets make sure the motor runs and like it is supposed to first thing. If you answer my questions we'll figure it out, it may end up like they said as being the controller but I'd like to know before I spend money like that.
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 01:46 PM   #33
MyCousinVinnie
Gone Wild
Club Car

I am sending the controller back to FSIP. Will update when I get it back.
Old 02-13-2014, 01:59 PM   #34
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCousinVinnie View Post
I am sending the controller back to FSIP. Will update when I get it back.
Good news, hopefully that was the issue and your set.
Old 03-04-2014, 03:11 PM   #35
MyCousinVinnie
Gone Wild
Club Car

I just wanted to update this thread in the hopes that it will help someone in the future and give some praise where praise is due. As it turned out, it was the controller. It's a long story, which I won't belabor here, but I had to shell out some significant cash. Without the help of Scottyb and CartsUnlimited, though, it could have been much, much worse. Carts Unlimited has possibly the best service of any company I have dealt with on just about any product. Scotty's key is contact with the customer and a willingness to help the customer with problems. I wish all businesses treated their customers like he does. I would not hesitate to recommend him to a friend. Really a first rate guy.

My cart is up and running great. Need to work out a few kinks with the camber and toe per my other post, but I did want to wrap this thread up so folks could know how to resolve their issues in the future. My best advice is stick with this great forum and do business with Scottyb!!

Thanks again for all of you who helped me.
Old 03-04-2014, 03:18 PM   #36
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCousinVinnie View Post
As it turned out, it was the controller. It's a long story, which I won't belabor here, but I had to shell out some significant cash.
If the controller was DOA why did you have to shell out? Did you fry it?
sunoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:39 PM   #37
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunoco View Post
If the controller was DOA why did you have to shell out? Did you fry it?
FSIP provided pictures of significant water damage to the circuit board. They maintained that the control was customer damaged and not defective manufacturing. I had an identical control which had been factory repaired. Also customer caused but I wont go into that. The factory warranty is in place on the replacement control and Vinney just paid repairs (not the cost for another control) Glad you asked. Hope I didn't step on any toes

Thanks for the kind words Cousin.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 10:27 PM   #38
MyCousinVinnie
Gone Wild
Club Car

That's correct. I did not want to go into it because it's not worth having having a bad attitude about it when I got such excellent customer service from Scotty. Nothing that happened was his fault and he still went out of his way to help me. If I had any beef which I don't it would be with fsip but why fret about it when Scotty hooked me up and I now have a great cart. I choose to look on the bright side of things and be thankful that good folks like Scotty are out there to help their customers. I will post pictures of the new ride when I can. The whole point of the wrap up post was that if you get in a jam Scotty will help you out. Let's not lose sight of the positive.
Old 03-04-2014, 10:42 PM   #39
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sounds like good customer service, that is worth a bunch IMO!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car