lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-20-2014, 11:14 PM   #1
slobdiddy
Gone Wild

Default Most powerful motor you can put on an i2 electric Club Car without a lift

Was about to embark on my upgrade project and have hit a snag.

I have just leant that there is a chance that the estate managent where I live may object to the lift and big wheels that I have already ordered and am planning to put on my cart. I'm a little annoyed as asked about this up front and all seemed to be OK. If I do end up needing to reinstate my cart by removing the lift kit and replacing the original wheels, then the D&D motor which I was originally planning to have fitted would no longer fit under the cart (as this is large and needs the lift).

Given this risk, I need some urgent advice on the next best alternative motor that would fit under an unlifted cart. I understand that D&D do another less powerful motor that would fit, but I was told that this would not be powerful enough to cope with the larger wheels and also a gear upgrade, plus 4 adults in a cart plus some hilly roads.

Where I am so far:
- Jakes lift kit (4 inch double A-Arm) + HD leaf springs - already ordered
- 8:1 gear kit - already ordered
- 23 inch wheels (proposed)
- 500 Amp Alltrax controller (with IQ harness to convert from Excel system) proposed
- D&D Electric Motor - 170-502-0002 proposed
- Wire kit solenoid etc proposed

Basically I am happy to take the risk of needing to resinstate to original wheels and no lift, but I don't want my motor to cause a problem if this happens.

Is there a motor out there that is powerful enough for my purposes which would fit under an unlifted cart?

MANY THANKS!!!
slobdiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-21-2014, 01:23 AM   #2
gsf35099
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Most powerful motor you can put on an i2 electric Club Car without a lift

Have you checked Plum Quick Motors? They are a sponsor of the site and I'm sure they can help.
gsf35099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 06:01 AM   #3
Dale-D
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Most powerful motor you can put on an i2 electric Club Car without a lift

That motor should fit without a lift kit. Most Electric motors are the exact same size as the original, just modified internally, so the exterior dimensions stay the same. I'd just got for it, and my cart has a Hi Speed motor installed and only a 1" home made lift kit for the front to stop those 14" X 21" tires from rubbing, and in the back, I just cut the fender flares a bit to clear the tires again, check it out in my signature
Dale D
Dale-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 06:53 AM   #4
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

I have never heard of an electric cart needing a lift for a motor upgrade. The other way around, yes, but not this way.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 07:30 AM   #5
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

"I have just leant that there is a chance that the estate managent where I live may object to the lift and big wheels"

Slobdiddy, do you live in Hell? California or New York? Dang lifes to short to put up with that crap!
The only prob I've seen with after market motor's is it can get real close to the rear shocks.
Call PQ.
Steve
caokgafamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:11 AM   #6
slobdiddy
Gone Wild

I live in a very unusual island community in Hong Kong. 25,000 residents and the only approved private transport is 490 licensed golf carts...the estate management hold all the power as you need their approval for your vehicle permit...you can't fight it!!

Does anyone know how the PQ would compare to the D&D motor? Would it be gutsy enough to pull 4 people up a hill with an 8:1 gear set, big wheels if powered by a suitable controller? Is it the absolute best option out there for max power and reliability and what sort of controller would be recommended?
slobdiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 02:48 PM   #7
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by caokgafamily View Post
"I have just leant that there is a chance that the estate managent where I live may object to the lift and big wheels"

Slobdiddy, do you live in Hell? California or New York? Dang lifes to short to put up with that crap!
The only prob I've seen with after market motor's is it can get real close to the rear shocks.
Call PQ.
Steve
Ain't Georgia great?
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 03:04 PM   #8
mymonstertruck
Gone Wild

Club Car

Michigan isn't bad other than the snow.
mymonstertruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car