Golf Carts and Parts *No Commercial Ads

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2018, 03:20 PM   #1
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default G2/G9 Parts

Hi Guys,

I've got some G2 or G9 stuff to clear out of my garage. I'm not sure what to ask for any of it, just make an offer. My G9 is smoking pretty bad and I took this motor apart to rebuild so I can just drop it in, but I believe the motor in my G9 is in better shape so I'm going to rebuild that instead.

Full disclaimer, I don't know anything about this motor. It came with a G2 I bought, it was in a crate on the floor. He said it ran when it was removed but I don't think I believe it. It wasn't seized but that's about all I know.

The parts are as-removed. They all need a date with a parts washer (something I would do anyway if rebuilding it) but I'm not going to use them. They've all got quite a bit of dirt/mud stuff on them. The cylinder will need to be bored, it is currently a standard bore judging by the piston that has no markings on it to indicate overbore. I did run a hone through it just to try and clean it up; and it's not super bad (i've seen much worse that's run) but I wouldn't build it like this.

Head needs to be cleaned out, wire brush should make it good. I don't know what that scummy stuff is in there (like mud or something) but it does clean out relatively easily. I'll try and clean it off with a wire brush later and get some cleaner pics.

Air box has all of the tabs but needs cleaned. I think I have the other baffles and stuff for it, i'd have to go look in the crate.

Will sell motor complete, or part it out. Doesn't matter to me. The cooling fan has 2 broken fins from being tossed around in his shed apparently. Mostly it all just needs a good cleaning.

Also do have a spare OEM Mikuni carb. It was pretty caked with dirt and crud, so I'm cleaning it up a bit. I'm not going to go crazy with it; I'd still recommend cleaning it and replacing the gasket for the bowl, but it's currently having a spa day in the ultrasonic cleaner. I'll post pictures later tonight once I have a chance to get back out to my shop.

Any questions, just ask :)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20181101_134231.jpg (205.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20181101_134246.jpg (283.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20181101_134252.jpg (279.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20181101_134258.jpg (202.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20181101_134500.jpg (219.6 KB, 0 views)

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > For Sale > Golf Carts and Parts