lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-09-2020, 08:02 AM   #1
alexdavid4
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Lightbulb Drive 2 EFI torque / performance help

Good morning, yesterday I bought my first Yamaha golf cart (club car precident for 10 years prior). I live in St Louis and the city is golf cart friendly- I use as a daily driver on the city streets. Anyway, bought the cart - lifted it a little bit and put bigger wheels and tires and a few other custom accessories. I am extremely disappointed in the torque, it does great at speed but getting there is very slow. With 4 adults going up a hill is nearly impossible. I text the shop where i bought it and he thought a clutch pack would solve my issue? I’m concerned i made the wrong choice for my use. I need to be able to zip around in traffic and I can’t wait for this cart to build up speed. My old precident did great even loaded up with people and coolers

On the same topic does anyone know of a ignition system that allows the cart to stay running while the key is on (at a low idle) - this will help with launch time also
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CF051576-095B-4AF6-A75E-605E9DD5C91C.jpg (291.7 KB, 0 views)
alexdavid4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-09-2020, 08:30 AM   #2
Crackback
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Drive 2 EFI torque / performance help

Congrats on the new Cart. It looks really nice. What you need to do is call Don Plowman. Look on his website for examples.
Plowmanscarts.com
Don will tell you everything you need to know and need to do to get your cart to perform beyond your expectations.
Crackback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 08:31 AM   #3
alexdavid4
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackback View Post
Congrats on the new Cart. It looks really nice. What you need to do is call Don Plowman. Look on his website for examples.
Plowmanscarts.com
Don will tell you everything you need to know and need to do to get your cart to perform beyond your expectations.
I will Thanks
alexdavid4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 08:36 PM   #4
brian_tii
Not Yet Wild

His secondary helps a lot as long as the hills aren’t massive. Basically brings the rpms up some so it’s a lot more responsive. He also disables the governor which you may or may not want to do.
brian_tii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 12:13 PM   #5
Bobster 53
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexdavid4 View Post
Good morning, yesterday I bought my first Yamaha golf cart (club car precident for 10 years prior). I live in St Louis and the city is golf cart friendly- I use as a daily driver on the city streets. Anyway, bought the cart - lifted it a little bit and put bigger wheels and tires and a few other custom accessories. I am extremely disappointed in the torque, it does great at speed but getting there is very slow. With 4 adults going up a hill is nearly impossible. I text the shop where i bought it and he thought a clutch pack would solve my issue? I’m concerned i made the wrong choice for my use. I need to be able to zip around in traffic and I can’t wait for this cart to build up speed. My old precident did great even loaded up with people and coolers

On the same topic does anyone know of a ignition system that allows the cart to stay running while the key is on (at a low idle) - this will help with launch time also

Hey I live in Wentzville and am getting a 2021 Yamaha was wondering to you resolved your low end problems I too live in a neighborhood with hills and want to know what I will need to do

Thx
Bobster 53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 09:58 AM   #6
ElDiabloJoe
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobster 53 View Post
Hey I live in Wentzville and am getting a 2021 Yamaha was wondering to you resolved your low end problems I too live in a neighborhood with hills and want to know what I will need to do

Thx
Following.
ElDiabloJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 04:06 PM   #7
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Its a clutch issue, either worn belt or other issue with clutches. Some drives the clutches had problems when new and were recalled. Otherwise a great cart that should not have power problems compared to other carts. Plowmans makes some great upgrades for them if you want to keep the stock engine. He can increase the performance of the cart substantially.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
efi, performance, torque, tune
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha