lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-08-2018, 01:52 PM   #21
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Default Re: More power help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjewler View Post
D&D Motor model#170-502-0002
Batteries- Centennial AGM CB12-115 M8 12v 115ah

Hope this helps guys, and I have the 200 amp solinoide that is usually sold with the xct
That's a torque motor, not built for speed. You should be getting 22mph or so on flat ground, but you should still be getting a whole lot more that 8mph on hills.

Plus, those batteries aren't for golf carts. A big difference between deep cell batteries and golf cart batteries.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-08-2018, 01:56 PM   #22
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Quote:
What do you want for the motor and will it fit a 2007 club car, to be honest I may sell the alltrax as well and go with there new 72v SR and add two more batteries. I live on a rather hilly golf coarse with some pretty steep hills. (I just like having the bragging rights cart on the coarse)
SR controllers are for series carts. It won't work with your Precedent. It's a SepEx cart and uses the XCT line of controllers from Alltrax.
Old 01-08-2018, 02:04 PM   #23
Bigjewler
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Accusense intelligent charger 48v 15amp I answered the other questions in previous reply’s, as far as tires I have 23” radials on 14” rhox rims. Batteries are 115ah each I have the 4-12v system. Using currently 4 gauge wire but just ordered 2 gauge to see if that helps. Can’t seem to find a heavy duty F/R switch for a 2007 club car.
Bigjewler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 02:06 PM   #24
Bigjewler
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Well that sucks, centinneial is who recommended those batteries. Hard to believe I just flushed a $1000.00 down the tubes.
Old 01-08-2018, 02:07 PM   #25
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Quote:
Accusense intelligent charger 48v 15amp I answered the other questions in previous reply’s, as far as tires I have 23” radials on 14” rhox rims. Batteries are 115ah each I have the 4-12v system. Using currently 4 gauge wire but just ordered 2 gauge to see if that helps. Can’t seem to find a heavy duty F/R switch for a 2007 club car.
Nevermind on the FNR, you have a SepEx cart not a Series. I still think your batteries are the biggest culprit robbing you of speed on hills and the motor you have is only rated for 20-22mph with a healthy pack.
Old 01-08-2018, 02:07 PM   #26
Bigjewler
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

What would be the proper inflation on the tires? That’s the only thing I have no clue about. Not have I checked the psi
Old 01-08-2018, 02:13 PM   #27
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

If the batteries are new take them back. Deep Cycle are not capable of 300 amp discharge the cart demands on a hard start. Not will the cart not perform correctly but the batteries won't last long.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 02:14 PM   #28
Bigjewler
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

More I think about it, wats the cost If I decide going with say a Prius battery?
Old 01-08-2018, 02:17 PM   #29
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

If your 4ga cables are in good shape, the 2ga will not make any difference.

The likely issues are either a bad connection or your batteries cannot deliver the current demanded by the big 23" tires.

Make sure anywhere you have a big cable lug and small wires: battery, Solenoid big posts and controller, that You have the big cable lug first in direct contact with the surface of the device and any smaller wire ring terminals go on top of the large cable lug.

If those are OK, you really should use the tools available from Alltrax to diagnose the problem.

Just connect your laptop to the controller and run the monitor log.

It will show You all of the voltages and currents used from the battery and to the motor.

Also, what are your settings for: speed sensor number of poles, maximum rpm, maximum battery and armature current?

How about the Motor field map being used with the Alltrax XCT?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 02:30 PM   #30
Bigjewler
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I got the maps from alltrax and I will need to run the cart to get those measurements for you and it’s currently pooping down rain. First question I have are those batteries really not good? Centininnel said it was just like the Trojan batteries as far as performance. If they lied well they will be returning them regardless. I will recheck everything and then run diag and get back to you guys. Thank you so much for all your help
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car