lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-10-2018, 09:24 AM   #71
Bigjewler
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: More power help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjewler View Post
I believe I may already be doing that, I pulled the batteries and took pics, pic 1 shows ground running through the ONC to the B- on alltrax and same bolt I have the 2awg wire from main negative post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok let me start out by saying I screwed up lol. I wired this thing wrong, I can say I can fix it but since it would be so much easier it seems (and what I can read better) to just delete the OBC can you give me a good charger that dosent need the OBC to buy? Seems it is just one wire I really need to replace in order to bypass the OBC

Bigjewler is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-10-2018, 09:42 AM   #72
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I think you see the issue, the OBC is not measuring your discharge current so it is giving you an incomplete charge.

You have a few other issues, remove the pre-charge resistor from the Solenoid, it is not used with an XCT Controller.

Also, no Regen diode is needed, the diagram on the Alltrax website is still wrong for Club Cars, which is an incredible display of incompetence on their part since folks from this site pointed it out to their dealers and the dealers notified the Company of the errors months ago.

After you remove the OBC, just run the negative wire from the charger receptacle directly to pack negative (or Controller B-).

Rather than jump the wires on the OBC socket to by-pass the lockout, just follow this instructions:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ml#post1473844
For now, just disconnect one of the pack cables for more than 10 minutes and then charge the pack.

When the OBC looses the saved data it has from your pack due to the power outage, it does a different kind of charge that will fully charge the pack.

Edit: Chargers

I forgot to talk about the chargers, that model You showed of the DPI Gen IV Accusense is a great option.

Last edited by Sergio; 02-10-2018 at 10:31 AM.. Reason: Charger Comments
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 09:33 PM   #73
Bigjewler
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
I think you see the issue, the OBC is not measuring your discharge current so it is giving you an incomplete charge.

You have a few other issues, remove the pre-charge resistor from the Solenoid, it is not used with an XCT Controller.

Also, no Regen diode is needed, the diagram on the Alltrax website is still wrong for Club Cars, which is an incredible display of incompetence on their part since folks from this site pointed it out to their dealers and the dealers notified the Company of the errors months ago.

After you remove the OBC, just run the negative wire from the charger receptacle directly to pack negative (or Controller B-).

Rather than jump the wires on the OBC socket to by-pass the lockout, just follow this instructions:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ml#post1473844

For now, just disconnect one of the pack cables for more than 10 minutes and then charge the pack.

When the OBC looses the saved data it has from your pack due to the power outage, it does a different kind of charge that will fully charge the pack.

Edit: Chargers

I forgot to talk about the chargers, that model You showed of the DPI Gen IV Accusense is a great option.

Well I just ordered that charger, now when you say I can remove the OBC you mean I can remove it all together out of the cart right? Would that kill the run/toe switch? And thank you for all your help. I’m sure I will be back with more questions. Won’t be able to do any of this for a couple of weeks, waiting on a bunch more stuff plus having it wrapped in my company logo (tax right off yo!)

Old 02-11-2018, 10:04 AM   #74
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

You can totally remove the OBC from the cart, it does not affect the Tow/Run functionality.

The only thing the new Charger will not provide is the ability to disable the cart when the charger is plugged to the cart.

If that charger connector can be modified to connect the shorter "Sense" pin to the negative pin inside the connector, then you can wire it to regain the "charger cart lockout" feature.

This is the inside of that connector, the "sense/inhibit" wire is shaded green.

The older model did not have that wire going all the way inside the charger, I am not sure if the new Gen IV chargers extended that wire inside the charger.

Until you get it all together, if You need to charge the cart, make sure you "reset" the OBC first.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 08:55 AM   #75
Bigjewler
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
You can totally remove the OBC from the cart, it does not affect the Tow/Run functionality.

The only thing the new Charger will not provide is the ability to disable the cart when the charger is plugged to the cart.

If that charger connector can be modified to connect the shorter "Sense" pin to the negative pin inside the connector, then you can wire it to regain the "charger cart lockout" feature.

This is the inside of that connector, the "sense/inhibit" wire is shaded green.

The older model did not have that wire going all the way inside the charger, I am not sure if the new Gen IV chargers extended that wire inside the charger.

Until you get it all together, if You need to charge the cart, make sure you "reset" the OBC first.

I won’t need to charge batteries anytime soon, currently it is heading off to get a wrap, when it come back I will then rewire it. At which point I’ll hit you up. By the way just for good measure do you guys sell the stock plug receptacle for the charger (female side) probably isn’t a bad idea to get a new one

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car