lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-02-2018, 02:00 PM   #1
matt4x4
Not Yet Wild

Default Precedent Pro 48V - Cont. upgrade and Motor Specs watts etc

Club Car 48V Precedent Pro - VIN is PQ08
Year 2008
PQ Precedent Professional - Electric Mapics 102536801 Golf
It has fancy dancy rims with nobby tires and the cart is raised, but unsure as to the size of the tires themselves. I am sure its the standard aftermarket kit.
Four Trojan 12V 150Ah Model T-1275

MOTOR

Whats the continuous and max wattage rating of the stock motor?

Is there more then one stock motor, if so what?

Are these motors brushed?

*Thinking about buying a Kelly or Sabatov (sp) controller

CONTROLLER
From my searching I believe the controller to be a 500A Curtis, but I wonder if there is more then one stock controller for the 48V cart?

I know about the reprogramming and the magnet to increase speed. Also upgraded motor.

CHARGER

Stock 48V Club Car charger, plugged in and hums, but doesnt continually charge because we left the charger plugged in, tow mode, go away for a month or two, come back, batteries froze. Very cold weather, -25C was average. We will buy 30' pipe warmers from Home Depot that have thermostat, fasten it to some wood so it doesnt touch themslves, and insulate the remaining space with foam.

I just wonder how the stock charger works. Does it charge up to max voltage charging batteries completely, then turns off permenently. Or is it suppose to keep the batteries fully charged turning on again to top up the batteries charge.

I was thinking about buying Battery Tender 12V 0.750A (750mA) and leaving them plugged in 24/7.
matt4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-02-2018, 02:44 PM   #2
Johnny (THE HOOF) V
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Precedent Pro 48V - Cont. upgrade and Motor Specs watts etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt4x4 View Post
Club Car 48V Precedent Pro - VIN is PQ08
Year 2008
PQ Precedent Professional - Electric Mapics 102536801 Golf
It has fancy dancy rims with nobby tires and the cart is raised, but unsure as to the size of the tires themselves. I am sure its the standard aftermarket kit.
Four Trojan 12V 150Ah Model T-1275

MOTOR

Whats the continuous and max wattage rating of the stock motor?

Is there more then one stock motor, if so what?

Are these motors brushed?

*Thinking about buying a Kelly or Sabatov (sp) controller

CONTROLLER
From my searching I believe the controller to be a 500A Curtis, but I wonder if there is more then one stock controller for the 48V cart?

I know about the reprogramming and the magnet to increase speed. Also upgraded motor.

CHARGER

Stock 48V Club Car charger, plugged in and hums, but doesnt continually charge because we left the charger plugged in, tow mode, go away for a month or two, come back, batteries froze. Very cold weather, -25C was average. We will buy 30' pipe warmers from Home Depot that have thermostat, fasten it to some wood so it doesnt touch themslves, and insulate the remaining space with foam.

I just wonder how the stock charger works. Does it charge up to max voltage charging batteries completely, then turns off permenently. Or is it suppose to keep the batteries fully charged turning on again to top up the batteries charge.

I was thinking about buying Battery Tender 12V 0.750A (750mA) and leaving them plugged in 24/7.
Can't answer all but the charger turns off when batteries are fully charged. It will not start charging again until plug is pulled out of cart and reistalled. As far as battery tender you would need one for each battery

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Johnny (THE HOOF) V is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car