lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-21-2018, 08:11 PM   #1
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

Default Cart looses power, let off the go pedal and power again

I did a bit of searching here and I'm sure my answer is archived here somewhere but I haven't found it.

I just started having this problem with the cart in my Sig.

I can be cruising around running 5-8 mph and the cart looses power. I can completely back off the accelerator and press it down again and I have power again.
When the cart looses power, I can press the accelerator to the floor, still no power. Only backing off of the accelerator all of the way seems to reset the problem.
I don't loose power to accessories when this happens, only power to move the cart.
Batteries are good and topped off.

One other thing that I noticed. I tried top end speed on this cart a couple times before I had the above mentioned problem and it would reach 26 mph GPS before I would have to slow down for a curve that I would have to make.
I tested top end speed since this problem with loosing power started and I'm only getting up to about 14 mph GPS. The cart reaches full speed quickly. I don't know if the two problems have anything in common. But since I never had the need for speed, the speed problem doesn't bother me that much.
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-21-2018, 09:11 PM   #2
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: Cart looses power, let off the go pedal and power again

Just guessing, if the micro switch in the mcor is loosing connection I think that would cause your problem. You can test it by doing the paper clip jumper test.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 07:12 AM   #3
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
Just guessing, if the micro switch in the mcor is loosing connection I think that would cause your problem. You can test it by doing the paper clip jumper test.
I was thinking possible MCOR but I replaced the MCOR less than a year ago from one of our sponsors. I know, that doesn't mean that it's not going bad again since the MCOR appears to be a problem with these carts with early failure.
I'll have to search for the paper clip procedure again. I remember reading the thread on it in the past.

Thanks, Sam
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 08:40 AM   #4
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

The way it works you unplug the two wire connector and jump the wires with the paper clip.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car