lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-19-2018, 09:33 PM   #1
bacovin
Not Yet Wild

Default 2004 Club Car DS IQ charger not coming on

Hello and thanks for any advice that y’all would like to share with me about my cart problem. This is my first post so please forgive me if I’m not explaining everything quite like I should. My cart is a 2004 Club Car DS IQ 48 volt. My problem is the charger will not come on and I’m not sure if it’s the OBC or the charger itself. I have 48.2v across my battery pack. I’ve tried to bypass the OBC but still can’t get the charger to work. Not sure if I was doing the bypass correct.

Thanks, Brad
bacovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-20-2018, 11:33 AM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 2004 Club Car DS IQ charger not coming on

Take a look here http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...eshooting.html and this should help you troubleshoot.

Be sure the main fuse behind the receptacle is not blown (it will have to be continuity tested or removed as you can't see it behind the receptacle). And there is a small fuse in the yellow fuse holder on the grey sense line coming right off of the receptacle.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 01:01 PM   #3
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

Also check to make sure the red charge wire from the receptacle is connected to the positive terminal of the first battery.
Hunter450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 03:48 PM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

And if you have a friend or neighbor with a 48V CC ('95-'13), then plug your charger into their's and if it cuts on then you know it is not your charger or vice-versa.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 06:09 PM   #5
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Take the cover off the charger. In the back of it there is a relay, Take a nonconducting rod like a piece of wood and push it closed. If the charger starts you have lost your sense voltage which comes in on the gray wire that Nole was talking about. Or you can jumper the NO and common on that relay if it is a sealed relay.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 02:50 PM   #6
bacovin
Not Yet Wild

Thinks for all the input guys! I've checked everything you had mentioned except the relay in the back of the charger. I will check it tonight and see if that might be what the problem is. Thanks!
bacovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car