lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-02-2018, 08:35 PM   #11
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: 48v club car storage

Just my thoughts on what I would do in your case. I would make sure my batteries were serviced and fully charged. Then put cart in tow mode and unhook the negative battery cable from the pack. The batteries should be just fine when you get back in the fall. Just hook everything back up and give them a charge before you use the cart. That way you don't have to worry about them going dry.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-03-2018, 04:11 AM   #12
LouisC
Getting Wild

I have had the reverse situation with Winter storage. I did exactly as mrgolf said. Batteries were fully charged on October 15, 2017 - put the cart in tow - unhooked the Negative from #6 Battery...and I just put a multi-meter on each of my batteries March 31, 2018 - all read above 8 volts... I plan on moving the cart on April 15 (if the snow has melted) Good Luck
LouisC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 06:23 AM   #13
gkgeiger
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys, that's what I'll do. Last year I did everything that was described but disconnect the battery cable.
gkgeiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 08:26 PM   #14
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

5 months is too long and disconnecting main battery positive is not enough. You must remove and cable that is connecting to another battery. Ill explain,

With the batteries still connected to each other, they will still try to equalize to one another.
If they are completely disconnected then they are only self discharging as an individual battery. I agree before leaving, hose off tops of batteries, fully charge and fill with water.
What I'm telling you is from experience, come September, half my calls will be jumping dead carts and cleaning clogged carburetors.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 08:24 AM   #15
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

There must have been other factors there, current will not flow unless there is a complete circuit.

Batteries connected in series do not discharge into each other unless something else externally is completing the circuit.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car