lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2018, 03:05 PM   #1
burge66
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2013- 48V Club Car Precedent Light Kit/Voltage

New here. so bare with me...

Just installed led light kit, Tail lights and headlights, installed light harness, It came with a blue fuse cable. Where does that get installed? Or is that for gas models? Or the brake switch?

Also I bought a cheap 48v to 12 v voltage reducer on ebay. black and yellow wire and black and red wire.. Where does this get installed? and tie in?

I tried about everything with that with no luck..

Now i ordered a 6v to 12 volt reducer with the factory ends to plug into dash harness.. Where light kit harness hooks up.. Is this the way to go or will this burn those 2 batteries out quicker?

Thanks Everyone appreciate your feedback
burge66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-09-2018, 03:41 PM   #2
Gazoo
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2013- 48V Club Car Precedent Light Kit/Voltage

The kit didn't have any instructions? I don't think you can post pics yet so post links to the items you have so the good folks here can help you out. I just did mine but I have a 2006 so likely different.
Gazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 07:47 AM   #3
burge66
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Yeah I cant post pics or links yet.. It came with instructions for the light kit. Just doesnt really say where to hook up relay to battery or relay connections..

the light kit is RecPro-Precedent-Electric-Harness-08-5-UP/dp/B01LWLSDZ3

the relay is
SUPERNIGHT
SUPERNIGHT DC/DC Waterproof Converter Regulator 48V Step Down to 12V 10A 120W for Golf Cart Power Module and Club Car

just a black/red for input and black/yellow for output/lights
burge66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 09:07 AM   #4
Gazoo
Gone Wild

Club Car

Here are the links:

https://www.amazon.com/RecPro-Preced...ct_top?ie=UTF8

https://www.amazon.com/GOLF-CART-vol...KW2RFKY9BZSQKW

Yeah, if the reducer doesn't have plugs then it becomes a bit more complex as splicing and soldering of wires come into play. You can easily fry a whole bunch of stuff if you aren't savvy about this stuff. You said you ordered another with factory ends? Report back when you get the other one. I think it will all become much clearer with the plugs...
Gazoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blue fuse wires, light kit, voltage reducer
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car