lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-25-2018, 01:03 PM   #11
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: only 40V to charger port...

Have you tried bypassing the OBC yet to see if the charger works then? If not, unless Sergio has an objection, I would try that now...
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-25-2018, 01:47 PM   #12
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I agree, it appears the OBC is unable to read the current passing through it and it is terminating the charge cycle.

That is usually caused by damage being done to the OBC when trying to pass a larger cable through it or going around it, that is why I asked that question earlier.

You can temporarily connect both the black negative 10 ga wire and the gray sense wire from the charger receptacle directly to pack negative battery post.

The charger should start charging, keep an eye on the pack voltage and stop the charging when the pack Voltage reaches 60v+.

The charger AC should be the Last thing you plug in and the First thing You unplug.

That procedure is to prevent sparks near the charger receptacle.

If it works fine, I would skip both the Shop and a new OBC and just buy a smart charger.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 03:58 PM   #13
pogrelis97
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, I didn't try bypassing the obc but I'll do that tonight!
pogrelis97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 08:36 AM   #14
pogrelis97
Not Yet Wild

Ok, so I bypassed the OBC and it started charging. I assume this means my OBC is bad?
If this is the case can I just buy a new "smart" charger and run it like it is? Should I change the charging receptacle to a two plug style? Any recommendations on a good charger to buy?
Thanks for all your help!!!

edit: it's a Powder drive plus Regen 2 cart
Old 04-26-2018, 10:58 AM   #15
pogrelis97
Not Yet Wild

Ok, so after doing some searching I've ordered a DPI accusense charger that will work as long as I bypass my OBC.
Only thing I'm still confused is about what wires to cut and splice going to the obc or if I even need to do anything other than run the sense wire and black wire out of the charging receptacle to the negative battery terminal?
Old 04-26-2018, 11:23 AM   #16
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The gray "sense" wire is not used by the DPI charger so You can leave it disconnected.

The negative wire needs to go directly to pack negative or Controller B-.

You can just cut the two 10 ga black wires going in and out of the OBC and splice them together.

That is it for the OBC "charging" by-pass.

You also need to do the OBC "interlock" by-pass for Regen II carts:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ml#post1252219

After that You can remove the OBC from the cart or just leave it there disconnected.
Old 04-26-2018, 01:06 PM   #17
pogrelis97
Not Yet Wild

Thank you! you've been a huge help!
Old 05-01-2018, 04:22 PM   #18
pogrelis97
Not Yet Wild

Ok so I got the new charger, spliced the two 10ga wires together, did the obc interlock, and the cart is charged but now it wont go anywhere. No power at all, no solenoid clicking, nothing.
Do I need to cut all the other wires going into the obc and cap them? All I did was put a fuse between the white and blue wire...
Old 05-01-2018, 04:36 PM   #19
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

As long as the Blue and the White wire that come from the harness are connected to each other, that will provide +48v to the Solenoid.

Was the cart running before?

If so, make sure there is +48v on the white wire when the Tow/Run switch is on Run.

I would remove all of the other wires since the OBC no longer serves any purpose.
Old 05-04-2018, 09:49 AM   #20
pogrelis97
Not Yet Wild

I'm an idiot and didn't check the inline fuse I put between the blue and white wire, it was blown. replaced it and now runs great! Thanks for all your help, I would buy you some beers if I could!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car