lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-03-2018, 07:49 PM   #21
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Default Re: Troubleshooting no brake lights - 2014 CCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
That is it #5 is the positive and #6 the negative.
Thanks, Sergio! I’ll try it tomorrow after work. I really appreciate it!
jonr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-04-2018, 04:22 PM   #22
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Hi Sergio,

I hooked the black wire from the harness to the - terminal of the #6 battery, and the red wire to the + terminal of the #5 battery. Brake lights still didn't work so I hooked up my VM (neg probe to - terminal of #6) and have no voltage on any of the 3 wires leading to the brake switch.

I also opened my dash to confirm that I connected the relay as shown in my earlier drawing - it was. I also looked for any loose wires and didn't find any.

There are some wires in the dash that are not connected to anything, and I don't know if they are supposed to be or not...

2 small wires - black w/ yellow stripe, and a solid red

Grey wire with male bullet connector coming out of a 10-pin connector

A small, orange 4-pin connector with 3 wires - red w/ white, yellow w/black, white w/black

With the dash open, I turned on the T/R switch and the key and could not feel or hear the relay.

Should I be testing the voltage to/from the relay or is there something else I should test? I have no idea where to go from here...

Thanks again!
Old 05-04-2018, 05:20 PM   #23
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonr3 View Post
Hi Sergio,

I hooked the black wire from the harness to the - terminal of the #6 battery, and the red wire to the + terminal of the #5 battery. Brake lights still didn't work so I hooked up my VM (neg probe to - terminal of #6) and have no voltage on any of the 3 wires leading to the brake switch.

I also opened my dash to confirm that I connected the relay as shown in my earlier drawing - it was. I also looked for any loose wires and didn't find any.

There are some wires in the dash that are not connected to anything, and I don't know if they are supposed to be or not...

A small, orange 4-pin connector with 3 wires - red w/ white, yellow w/black, white w/black

With the dash open, I turned on the T/R switch and the key and could not feel or hear the relay.

Should I be testing the voltage to/from the relay or is there something else I should test? I have no idea where to go from here...

Thanks again!
Test the 12v output from the relay. Leave the 48 volt wires plugged in. Turn the cart to run. Then test the 12v terminals. Check my wiring picture to at the brake switch.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 06:16 PM   #24
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

On the relay, the solid blue wire is showing 16.8 volts, but the orange and blue/white show 0v, and the green/white shows only about 30 Mv. And it makes no difference if the key is on or off, or what position the Tow/Run switch is...
Old 05-05-2018, 08:45 AM   #25
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonr3 View Post
Hi Sergio,

Thanks again!
That is Your problem, that grey wire with a bullet connector is what brings the switched +48v from the key switch to the 12-pin dash harness connector to the bucket harness.

The 12-pin bucket harness connects to the dash harness on the passenger side of the dash. There should be a small pig tail wire with a bullet connector on the 12-pin connector that needs to be connected.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car