lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-14-2018, 03:15 PM   #1
Campfire79
Not Yet Wild

Default Driver side rear shackle and brake trouble

Hi Everyone,

I am new to golf carts and have a 2013 electric Precedent that I bought stock. I have added a 6" GTW A-arm lift and heavy duty rear springs. Everything has been working great for the month or so I've had it until last weekend when I went to drive the cart. The driver side brake locks up almost immediately when you hit the brake pedal. I got under the cart to see what could possibly be causing this and also then noticed that the driver side leaf spring shackle is flat against the frame. The passenger side is not and is much closer to a 45 degree angle.

I have no idea what could be causing the shackle issue, I know I installed the springs correctly, tire is centered in the wheel well, etc. I have read 6" lifted Precedents need a longer driver side brake cable and heard you can now buy one to fix this issue. I have tried to locate this and can not find where to buy it.

Could anyone point me to where to get the brake cable and does anyone know what the deal is with the shackle? Mine has the "short shackles" that don't go up into the frame like I have seen on my neighbors 2008 Precent, his are more of a boomerang style that are longer and go up into the frame.

Thanks for the help!
Campfire79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-14-2018, 03:40 PM   #2
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: Driver side rear shackle and brake trouble

The shackle problem is not unusual. You need to make longer shackles I think yours are about 3 inches you will need about 4-41/2 inches to keep the springs from folding down. The has been researched and solved on this site in the past. Search 2013 precedent and you will find a long thread on the problem.

You are correct on the brake cable you need to get another long one and that will cure your problem.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 04:05 PM   #3
Campfire79
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, I found the thread for the shackle. As for the brake cable, do you know where I can get this new longer driver side cable? I see others buy the passenger side but heard there was a new drivers side specific one to fix the braking issue.
Old 05-14-2018, 06:10 PM   #4
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

This is the web site https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com

He is a sponsor on this site and all around good guy. Knows these carts very well.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 09:39 AM   #5
Campfire79
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, I ordered the cable from them. Can't believe no one makes extended shackles for the 2013+ yet, seems like anyone with the heavy duty springs would be experiencing the same issue.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car