lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2020, 01:59 PM   #1
ddurrett896
Not Yet Wild

Default Want a golf cart - need advice???

New guy, looking for a golf cart. Don't know a thing about them and was originally leaning to gas since I'm use to small engines, but thinking electric. Would still go either way.

Want to drive the kids around the neighborhood and let them drive. Just something to get the family together that's fun. Like the look of lifted ones, but a buddy of mine said they are a pain of drive.

Any advice?

Gas or electric? If so, any volt setup that's preferred?
Ezgo, Cub Cadet or Yamaha?

Saw the Yamaha Adventurer below that looks good and lifted ish from the factory. Any advice appreciated. Thanks!!

https://www.yamahagolfcar.com/golf-c...rer-sport-2-2/
ddurrett896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-08-2020, 07:25 PM   #2
fsu1tm
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Want a golf cart - need advice???

I'll chime in. Gas or electric depends on your use. A lot of people like electric because they are quiet but if you don't maintain the batteries, they can get expensive. Properly maintained batteries should last 5 - 8 years. If you have kids that will be driving the cart by themselves, I would not recommend electric. Kids just won't bring the cart back when it needs to be charged (50% capacity). A rule of thumb I use is if it's a 36V cart, charge at 36V. If it's a 48V cart, charge at 48V. Both of those voltages are about 50% state-of-charge (SOC).

As for gas, be prepared for the noise although I will say that the newer ones are relatively quiet. Just not like electric. But, kids will never run out of power with a gas cart.

I bring up this comparison because a neighbor had an electric cart for his kids. They destroyed a set of batteries in less than a year by running them completely dead. He put in a second set of batteries and they were dead in six months. He traded it in on gas.

BTW. I'm a sparky guy. Can't stand the noise or fumes of gas.
fsu1tm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 10:24 PM   #3
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Want a golf cart - need advice???

I started with a Yamaha G1, the kids loved it.

They were 6 and 3 in this video. That kid is a natural driver. He's 13 now and can drive everything I own (not on the road of course).

I'm a firm believer in teaching the kids early, and telling them the truth about driving. Both of mine act responsibly with machines.

As far as carts go, get what you like. I prefer Yamaha then Ezgo, but either one would be great as long as the condition is good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYS4FAYVvuI
slonomo is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts