lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-24-2012, 07:29 PM   #11
Scooter Cushman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: D&D Torque & Speed Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by caokgafamily View Post
So it sounds like I just bought the same motor as the bandit but its mde by D&D. Well I guess I can ship it back and buy the torque motor? It was a deal at $395 plus shipping and no core... Any thoughts?

Steve
Well I didn't figure this out till I was older than dust....you get what you pay for...So pay for what you want life is too short!

You just ordered it today get back on the phone and change it before it goes out!

Send a email it will be waiting for them in the morning.
Scooter Cushman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-25-2012, 08:58 AM   #12
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

I have a GE D380 in my DS series cart and although it is rated at 5.5 hp at 5700 rpms, its peak rating at 48 volts with a 400amp controller is 22hp. My cart goes 25MPH with stock size tires, torque has never been an issue.

So now you can see why peak hp is very deceptive, stay away from peak HP specs.

Also as you have learned, many motors are being pedaled by different dealer using different names but they are the same motor. You really need to do some research before buying. Again, that is why I stick with GE motors because there are real specifications available if you look.

I search motors by googling the rating and have very good success, for instance search:
5.5 hp @ 5700 rpm
You will be able to find other dealers and also determine motor manufacturer, try it with your motor specs, you might be surprised what you find.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:15 AM   #13
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:26 PM   #14
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

results!! motor installed, i should have prob sent it back and got the es 81 butt $100 more plus another $100 ship there and new back. After reading another website it talked about this motor being ok lifted and big tires if it had a 400 amp control, so I said wat the hell. only money and the motor install and some beers were calling my name. I ran the hell out of it 5 mile mainly hills and rough stuff and the motor temp got up to 160 degrees, could only touch 1.5 seconds. Motor heavier than Bandit 50 lb + had hard time install , finally got it. Bandit did 18 on flat D&D 22. Bandiit hard hill 11 D&d 14, very steep long. Bandit sometimes would stall extreme load D&d breaks traction. Maybe lifts tires off ground 1" i think batterys getting old, 3 yrs old. Did notice radio shuts off under full load with full battery pack reducer. I guess im happy, i though a little more but maybe batts and i diid get it up to 32 mph down hill vs bandit highest down big hill 28 mph. is 160 degrees hot? You can really tell difference in D&d build vs stock beefed up Bandit. thanks Steve
caokgafamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:32 PM   #15
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

also i noticed when i took the Bandit out it smelled like burnt plastic. but was running fine for the last year for the extreme use i put it under. steve
Old 08-28-2012, 08:46 PM   #16
lmswest
Gone Wild

As a comparison I just installed a D&D es 81-41 with an alltrax 4865 and with stock tires it will spin about a revolution or two on smooth pavement and in grass will completely burn out (torque is awesome) and with a full charge it just topped 28 mph!! Wind in my face doesnt affect it at all like it used to. going from 13-14 to over 28 with just a motor swap is awesome!
I feel like I don't want it any faster until I install the lift that lengthens and widens it for stability cause its flying now!

I couldn't find any info for it online (found a bit on the 81-21 but not the 81-41) but If I remember correctly Vic said 19 1/2 hp with 400 amps so I'm real curious what it makes with 650? Any Electrical engineers know the math? And I THINK he said 60 ish f/t l/bs of torque..
lmswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:19 AM   #17
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

This morning my charger was still on, it has been on 8+ hrs but its almost done. I thought my batts were charged before the test yesterday and I did notice the low charge light cam on, I dont know how accurate it is. I need to invest in one of Scotty's batt dispay's. But either way this motor does suck up some juice!

Steve
Old 08-29-2012, 09:43 PM   #18
jpb31
Not Yet Wild

could someone put up the web site for d&d motors
jpb31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:26 AM   #19
lmswest
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpb31 View Post
could someone put up the web site for d&d motors
You dont have google on your internet??
Old 08-30-2012, 12:38 PM   #20
lmswest
Gone Wild

Ok I guess no on else saw the humor in my response lol here you go, I was bored watching a sleeping baby http://www.ddmotorsystems.com/
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car