lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-16-2008, 11:22 PM   #1
AugustaResident
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Trying Understand the Precedent IQ Controller

First off thanks to the owner and contributors of this forum. I see wealth of info just waiting to be learned. I am a former EZGO owner having converted my 2001 TXT to 48 volts, 600 amp AXE, high speed/torque motor/cables/bars, etc...you know the usual. I am well "schooled" on that subject. Now enter the 2004 Precedent my kids "made" me buy this weekend.

I want to understand how the IQ system works. Is the IQ just another name for the controller? Is the "speed code" programmed in the actual speed controller? If so, what is it seeing to regulate the speed, motor rpm?

I assume ours still has the stock speed code (perhaps a 3) as the speed is 16.2 mph. If I have this updated to the (4) 19 mph code, what else can I do to bump the speed to at least 22-25 mph range? If the controller changed to the Alltrax, would this do away with the speed codes?

While I don't want to go overboard on this Precedent, I do want to have close to secondary street speeds which is 25 mph here. Coming from the EZGO than ran a consistant 28 mph, this one feels like a slug. Maybe that is a good thing but maybe for someone else!

Any help or explainations is appreciated.

-Craig
AugustaResident is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car