lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-27-2015, 10:25 AM   #1
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default 97 ds steering column moves up and down

On a 97 ds, all of a sudden the steering column ( wheel and all) will lift up and down about 1 1/2". It also will make a loud creak sound as soon as you turn the wheel either to the left or to the right.

It steers fine. I looked underneath to see what i could, and you can see where the end of the shaft comes thru that mounting block and attaches onto the knuckle. I can watch from underneath, and see the entire assembly, move upwards and actually moves out of the hole in the mounting block.

David suggested i make sure the knuckle hadn't dropped down the splines. but that wasn't the issue. The knuckle is tight and also moves up and down with the entire assembly.

I'm not sure a column rebuild kit will help, since the problem seems to be outside the column and shaft???

Any ideas?/
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car