lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-28-2019, 04:18 PM   #1061
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Vc 460

Yeah wind was 60mph over weekend. Into projects did some repiping had a plugged valve that should not have been in there and reset the tanks, rebuilt the fridge its happy can't hardly hear it run now, and put new resin in the softener. Rebuilt a PC here with new SSD and fan, new cpu on way. Couple days off have to roll on it. Get this stuff out of the way so I can get closer to working on the cart, spring is coming one of these months lol! Stupid groundhog! I get a minute I'll have to update myself on carsand cameras guys stuff. Found more cart parts for something, two boxes of stuff now for cart fun lol.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-28-2019, 10:40 PM   #1062
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Calling for crappy weather here for the weekend. At least you are getting stuff done. Lately I am trying to make my eyes go bad watching Brit crime on Acorn TV. Should get started on my heavy metal crank but waiting for Mr. Chevy to return from fla. When Mrs Chevy sees us in his shop her famous saying is " John can't you and Ray just leave sh*t alone. You are a couple of little boys that just haven't grown up" My reply is we are having fun. His reply is "Go cook something we are going to be hungry" So far she hasn't killed him in his sleep.
raydhd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 08:42 AM   #1063
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

OH NO We got SNOW, Again
Old 03-01-2019, 02:51 PM   #1064
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Watched another episode of carsandcameras. I think the guys still need a higher gear. What that series 40 torque converter will take is another question.They have run errands around town where I just run errands on the island.
Old 03-06-2019, 09:37 PM   #1065
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

BRRRRRRR 19 last nite 21 tonite Bigger winds tomorrow
Old 03-07-2019, 08:43 PM   #1066
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Its getting warmer, slowly. Yeah we had single digits first half of the week but 40 this weekend they say. I watched a bunch of the C&C videos, they didn't show what happened when they finally blew up the 670. It was screaming pretty hard, sure sounded nice though. The built up 212 seems to run nice, I like the lap around the yard after putting in larger valves lol, that was funny. That cart they are doing is a beast, could have picked something a little nicer to start with, not seen all those yet I had to watch some of the minibike ones. Ads every 6 min didn't help any. Yeah why didn't they use a typical GC setup in the cart, I think they are using whatever that place is selling...on the 670 dragster they say 'I don't know where we got the clutch on that'. Um yeah.
Old 03-07-2019, 09:03 PM   #1067
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

A lot of the stuff comes from Ike's garage such as the cart. Ike picks up junk stuff for very low $'s that become project vehicles. Go power is one of their sponsors so there is a lot of their parts used. They talk about putting a full race 212 into that cart later.At one point they looked at a 3 wheel harley cart that was just ate up with rust.The 670 they are supposed to tear it down fix what is broke and add a new end play shim kit.I see that is listed on performance 670's site. Driving into philly today their was a brine truck treating the lane in front of me. When going out for lunch I noticed my black car has a whole lot of grey on it. Not good.Back down to 21 tonite.
Old 03-08-2019, 01:28 PM   #1068
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Living in the land of road salt lol! Yeah think it was 8 this morning but warming with sun today.

I didn't mean to bash them at all, they are doing great stuff its fun to watch. That cart just looked really old, but that is ok its fun to use old stuff they have proven that. I'm jealous he finds so much stuff cheap! They are like a couple kids on the loose.

I really can't figure out what happened with the 670 mower when it flipped, I saw the belt wedged in the secondary, maybe the belt was worn past spec or alignment issue, it should never go in there like that. Assuming that is what locked it up.
Old 03-08-2019, 05:52 PM   #1069
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Their 670 build kind of high lights the spare problem. Even though performance 670 was some kind of sponsor of that build they could not get a replacement cylinder head when Ike rolled the dragster. They had to weld up the cracked head and hope for the best. On the 390-460 engine we are so fond of you can get any part needed in a matter of days for very little money. I think the most expensive part in my engine are the NRracing shaft billet roller rockers.
Old 03-11-2019, 09:16 PM   #1070
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I thought that place that makes the performance stuff for the 670 sponsored it? Yeah I was hoping it would be more popular and parts and stuff would come out, I really like it. I would consider it if I get another cart just for the sound lol.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps