lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-17-2022, 12:50 PM   #2001
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: Vc 460

My street is dug up for the gas main they are installing. They are now doing the side streets such as mine. No meters in yet AND they still haven't installed the main crossing the bridge onto the island. Don't know if that goes under the water or over the bridge. Stay tuned ?
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-17-2022, 06:55 PM   #2002
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I see the 42 x 15/16 " belt for 390-460 club car engine swaps are available from Vegascarts for $50. I am unaware of this being sold elsewhere.
Old 05-18-2022, 11:38 AM   #2003
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

They have my driveway blocked with heavy equipment today running the main up the street. I will maneuver Vicki around them to go on the post office run. P.S. They finished all the mains on the street today. I will have to wait and see what happens next. I think the latest estimate of having meters in and gas service ready for hook up in june was a tad optimistic.
Old 05-21-2022, 09:05 AM   #2004
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

On Izzy's marina walk this a.m. spotted a couple of strawberry flies. The fly season has started. YuK
Old 05-24-2022, 06:02 AM   #2005
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

We were out touring the beach area of the island in Vicki and spotted the smoking barge being towed up the delaware bay.We had to get the binocs out to see where all that smoke and steam was coming from. We could actually fire boats circling the smoking hulk.
Old 05-25-2022, 08:48 AM   #2006
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I cut the grass today with the Vanguard powered Cub Cadet LT 2180. Both the engine and mowing deck are much quieter then the Opie powered Murray of Ohio unit I had been using.
Old 05-28-2022, 12:23 PM   #2007
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

The Horseshoe Crabs and Rod Knot season has arrived so most of the beaches are roped off and are off limits for use. We did do a 3/4 island tour this a.m. in Vicki. Also used her to pick up lunch from the marina cafe just now.
Old 06-06-2022, 10:51 AM   #2008
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Took Vicki out yesterday with the GF. There was a LOT of vibration. Looked at everything external and don't see anything wrong. So this week I am going to pull out the long rod engine and take a look inside. I have been putting off swapping in the Omega BUT I would rather be safe than sorry if the bearings on the billet rod are over due.
Old 06-06-2022, 09:41 PM   #2009
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Dropped the oil out and looked at the upper valve train with the cover off. Oil looked clean and valve lash was still fine. Pulled the exhaust system off as well. So far no clue to the vibration issue. Kind of down to the balance shaft, connecting rod,bearings or flywheel ? Hopefully it will all be clear with engine out and side cover off. Maybe tomorrow. Going slow and taking it easy on the knee.
Old 06-07-2022, 08:14 AM   #2010
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Pulled the S/G and disconnected all the wiring and linkages. Got the front 4 bolts from the engine plate. Got tired, back aching and frustrated working on the 2 under the cylinder. Probably going to have to pull the whole engine mounting plate as I did the last time. When the engine goes back in it will have the updated dog bone mounting system so this won't happen again. On the good news side I viewed my blood test report for the nephrologist visit on thursday and my numbers have gotten a lot better.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps