lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-31-2018, 08:44 PM   #981
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Default Re: Vc 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
No problems with fuel in my cart with stock G9 pump pulse off the rocker cover, other than a little oil in there after runs over 5K rpm. I have come up with a different pulse system I think will work more like the stock G9 and clean the line, have all the hose and fittings, but need to finish other larger projects before I can get the cart inside to play with it and swap to the new carb also. All this holiday stuff has kept me busy maybe it will calm down here soon.

Before the 460 cam I didn't get much over 5K so it was rare to get oil in the pulse, now it does it easier. Maybe the hone job and making more power cause more blowby as well. My clutch shifts at 4K about so until I get over 30mph roughly it does not get any oil, and its just a few drops collect in there cause it to cut out at wot when it does happen.

Pulse pumps have run sleds and mowers for over half a century, I think if it does not work you just have a setup issue or wrong pump, etc., though the clone carb is made for gravity feed. It worked fine on my G9 pump and rocker pulse, it would overflow on an intake pulse so that cart we had to use a return line. Hope I can change that stock cart to the CV carb at some point, or get a smaller (less than 32mm lol) scooter carb. I like the accelerator pump though it makes cold starting a breeze but those carbs are more cash.
You have surely said a lot -- I'll just say "gravity" -- does all the work for me. Even my new build is going to be gravity feed fuel.
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-31-2018, 09:53 PM   #982
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Happy New Years to all the BGWers. Start getting your 2019 mods going.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 05:50 PM   #983
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I'm done with mods lol, except the new carb. I have LED to put on the cart also, and LED headlights, and want to come up with a baja bar bumper of some kind. An ATV front would be nice but other big projects are in the way right now got to get on some remodel jobs. The 460 cam runs great for me, hope new slide carb has better top end otherwise it runs so nice I'm not messing with it until something blows up. I'd like to get a roller clutch on it too like a polaris maybe but none of them have a pulley and none of them seem to have a setup so it would be a lot of experimenting I don't have time for yet. Polaris does have a setup for engineering gokart thing, its basically the small quad stock setup its pretty low rpm think its a 250cc or something.

I've seen people put a tiny tank over the engine and return line for gravity feed, but I should not have to and don't like return lines, and I use a MC carb they don't seem to have issue with overflowing anyway. Pulse pumps are simplest way, I'll get a different hose configuration and it should work fine even with a little oil puke from the engine.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 06:46 PM   #984
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

HMMMMMM Sounds like you do have some things to work on. Clutch and carb are not mods ?
Old 01-03-2019, 08:25 PM   #985
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Already have a 32mm CV on there but after it would not wind up and I had to mod the spring to get rpm over 4500....it is suspect. So I got a 30mm slide pumper and of course it hooks up all different. I already made a spacer in CAD and milled it out with tapped holes to fit the carb to my intake because its a flange mount not hose. But the cable is all different too and its really cold outside, and garage is full of big car project.

I'm not messing with another clutch unless I'm really bored. None of the sled or atv clutches have any weights posted for this use. I've had this 94c off the engine 20 times changing setup its fairly good I think up to limits of this type of clutch now. I know a roller weight type would work nicer. You know today I got this little bookcase I ordered that (fedex) is almost a week late, and of course its broken. So I got online to renew my car plates and one is fine the other can't be found in database. Its always something right....

When that car is done I'll get the cart in and do some work, though its not really important until spring. Have to work over the mower too, got a nice tiller to fix, likely other things out there I forgot about lol. Its a nice car I got nearly free that needs a lot of work, could not pass it up though its a southern car in great shape, but not had time to do it. I wanted to drive it through winter. New parts sitting there waiting to bolt on just have to get out there.
Old 01-03-2019, 08:45 PM   #986
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Well now you made me decide. I was going to pull my head, port out the pyramids and further unshroud the valves straight off the seats as ARC and Paul's carts have done. My head was patterned off SBC because either the specific 390 head info was not out there or I just didn't see it. Also was going install the NRracing 6500 rpm valve kit. BUT in the end I see no reason not to run another season on my 2017 head set up. Getting lazier as I get older I guess. So the 6500 kit gets shelf tested with the ARC rod,forged piston Probe from Bullfrog and the billet flywheel from Raceseng. Not to mention the VM 34 and CVK 30 carbs along with my heavy metal crank project. P.S. The parts always work better with several years of dust on them from shelf testing.
Old 01-06-2019, 04:28 PM   #987
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Cmon Ray, what you gonna do all winter out on that lonely island? You should think about ordering a 460 from Vegas in pieces and putting all your stuff in that, its only a few hundred and then you technically have a spare engine just in case....even though its not a spare lol. I could swap same motor in my cart in no time, I can remove it in maybe 15 min. Then if you have any issues you have your good running engine to keep your cart moving, since your built engine may not be super reliable for daily use...it may, just saying. Just an idea (meaning 'a great excuse' ) . Unfortunately I always have 100 projects to do from head gaskets on cars to remodel in the house to cleaning up messes to yard stuff to other properties....well you get the idea. And too long until I could retire and do more fun stuff.
Old 01-06-2019, 07:16 PM   #988
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I have the pieces for my project Omega 460. If something happened to my long rod 460 in the cart now that would get super priority.Ray being Ray, the crazy gene could kick in one weekend and Presto some parts could go in the long rod. It is still Very early winter so who knows. P.S. Probably should have picked up the diy 460 on the black friday sale. P.P.S. I think the next thing I want to try is my tungsten metal crank weighting but still remember how my hand tool 3 circuit carb went.
Old 01-06-2019, 09:52 PM   #989
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I know, that was a good deal! Ah just dig up one of those jars in the back yard full of money and buy one That is what everyone always tells me. It would give you time to mod stuff, and still have the cart run. That is why I don't want to do more with my cart, it runs good now its strong, and I don't want to mess it up or blow it up with more. (except getting the other carb on there) Of course I don't have a spare cart either, well not yet.
Old 01-12-2019, 10:12 AM   #990
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

It was 18 degrees here last lite and Vicki had not been started since 11/21. She sits in an unheated garage. I was curious so this a.m. I gave her a try with the chokeless EXP-S carb. It took a few cranks until I figured out that the throttle should be opened just above idle rather than 1/2 or full open. Once I used that procedure she started firing roughly and after a few revolutions she was purring away. What a machine. P.S. For you Suzi fans I did try staring her briefly. She did not fire. She sits outside and I never did check out her fuel pick up after limping home on 11/24. Way too cold for trouble shooting.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps