lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2022, 08:31 AM   #31
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Allied lithium SOC meter

No the plastic bottom on the shunt would not make a good connection with the battery. I used a piece of 1/0 about 6” long and just zip tied the shunt to my battery tie down. Not the cleanest looking but it was a temp solution at the time I just haven’t cleaned up yet. Works just fine though.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-04-2022, 10:04 AM   #32
urungus
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks CP241
urungus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 12:08 PM   #33
urungus
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ran into another problem, the shunt has 3/8 inch terminals but all golf cart connections are 5/16 . Meaning the holes in the ring terminals of the golf cart wiring are too small to fit over the terminal posts in the shunt. For connection between battery and B- terminal on shunt, no big deal, there are cables readily available on Amazon that have 3/8 ring on one end and 5/16 ring on the other.

However looking for advice on some sort of adapter/converter/reducer to screw into the P- terminal on the shunt, so that negative wires can be directly attached to the shunt. Instead of having to get additional device like a 5/16 bus bar which would have to get mounted inside the golf cart and connected to P- terminal with an extra wire.
urungus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 05:21 PM   #34
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

The bus bar can connect directly to the shunt. You can make it yourself with a short length of copper or aluminium flat plate, but what I would do is just replace the terminal with a larger one.

Cheers
Pat.
Pat911 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 06:01 PM   #35
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I think you’re overthinking it. I just replaced the nut and bolt on the shunt with a smaller diameter bolt. Works just fine.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car