lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-17-2022, 01:42 PM   #1
Sidduced
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Duromax 999cc

Hi all,
I have a 03’ yamaha g22 limo and Im interested in putting a Duromax 999cc in it but havent found a kit for it. Has anyone installed this beast or can it even be done?
Sidduced is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-17-2022, 04:34 PM   #2
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: Duromax 999cc

The engine is physically big and the output shaft is 1.4"s. So the normally used primary clutches will not fit and it's size make it less than easy for golf cart swaps. BUT as some say here "you can make anything fit IF you want to do the work. I doubt there is going to be a ready built golf cart kit because those reasons. Red Beard's garage has one and is going to adapt it to a vehicle and shows it unboxed and running. No doubt is quite a Hoss for 2K. P.S. A much simple option would be the Harbor Freight 670 that is less than 1/2 the price and kits are available for .
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 07:46 AM   #3
Sidduced
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for your info
Sidduced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 08:43 PM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

You should never use that big of an engine in a golf cart.

With that said, I haven't seen anyone do it yet, at least not on this forum. I'm sure someone has. The torque rating on that engine is ridiculous, will make a cart wheelie for sure. I would definitely do taller gears for something like that. Clutching will be key, I'd be worried about the factory secondary clutch with that much torque.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 06:23 AM   #5
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Actually there were a few members on here that swapped in the big block Vanguard engines IE the 35-40 hp unit into modified golf carts as well as people putting sled engines in(such as myself) where you are putting 40+ hp into the secondary clutch. As long as you don't do crazy wheelies and such the secondary will hold up.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 02:12 PM   #6
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I watched a video in the dunes of carts with 1000cc rice motors running the stock rear, but they don't shift. If you drop the clutch it can blow them. In gear they seem fine, since the bike motor has a huge rpm range they don't need to shift much anyway. Alpha carts I think it was, he was running a built BB vanguard it was 60hp or something, years back, there was video of him doing huge wheelies, full rollcage, etc. I guess I'd mostly be afraid of blowing the input shaft with too much power. Sleds went up around 100hp with that setup but had a chaincase not gearcase, and was a low torque 2 stroke at 8k rpm or better. The gears in yamaha are near an inch wide. Another issue is you can (or used to) only be able to get the posi kit for certain carts if you think you would need that.

Have to say, if you could wheelie a limo cart now that would be a trick. I always wanted to build one of those airbag limo that lifts up.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
big block, duromax, yamaha g22
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!