lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-16-2022, 10:48 AM   #1
Schoeny10
Not Yet Wild

Default Lithium Charger Wiring question

I just upgraded to a BigBattery HSKY 48V 105ah battery in my cart after reading around on here. I've also got a Navitas 5KW AC conversion kit installed.

I have a question about wiring in the charger so I don't have to lift the seat to charge every time in the future. Might be common knowledge, I just cant find examples of doing or not doing it. Nobody ever really talks about the charger.

I have two studs for power distribution on my cart, mounted to the battery (idea from the Fentertainment channel when he did his HSKY install).

The battery, 48V->12V reducer, and the controller are all connected to this stud with ring terminals.

Can I just add a couple more wires with ring terminals to connect the charger, or is this going to cause issues?

I apologize for the 5 year old drawing, I'm on a work computer and even adding text didn't work without crashing the paint app, I'll get a picture up tonight.

Schoeny10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2022, 05:18 PM   #2
UpstateNYDS
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Lithium Charger Wiring question

That will work. I did basically the same thing only with bus bars. I mounted the charger on board and took the charger port out and used the one below, it fits perfectly. Did you get the Husky kit with the split cables?
Attached Images
File Type: png AC port.png (126.9 KB, 0 views)
UpstateNYDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 11:09 AM   #3
Schoeny10
Not Yet Wild

I did get the split cables.

I assume you're running those and seeing no ill effects from having the lighter gauge wire?

I was just concerned that if you used those smaller split wires, that you'd cause performance issues vs. the really thick ring terminal cable.
Schoeny10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 01:19 PM   #4
UpstateNYDS
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoeny10 View Post
I did get the split cables.

I assume you're running those and seeing no ill effects from having the lighter gauge wire?

I was just concerned that if you used those smaller split wires, that you'd cause performance issues vs. the really thick ring terminal cable.
None! They designed and supplied everything so it all works well together.
UpstateNYDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 12:28 PM   #5
bobby_chompers
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateNYDS View Post
That will work. I did basically the same thing only with bus bars. I mounted the charger on board and took the charger port out and used the one below, it fits perfectly. Did you get the Husky kit with the split cables?
Who makes this charger port? I am looking for one.
bobby_chompers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 08:58 PM   #6
DaveMJ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Charger port is available on Amazon - LINK.
DaveMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car