lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-06-2008, 01:53 PM   #11
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Default Re: oil in air box

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripledsracing View Post
ok..but i still dont wanna add more than 1 qt of oil..right..but sounds like a great idea!!i was also reading were u guys move the throttle cable from the govenor..which seems like a pretty big job!
Yes, one quart of oil only. Moving the pedal cable directly to the carb. is very easy. Just detach it from the governor on top of the trans/axle, completely do away with the small cable already attached to the carb., reroute the pedal cable, hook it directly to the carb., and then adjust it at the pedal and carb. so the carb. throttle completely opens and especially completely closes (so it want backfire).

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-06-2008, 04:24 PM   #12
tripledsracing
Not Yet Wild

k..im gonna give it a try this weekend or i was gonna order one of the spring kits so if my kids got on it they wouldnt blow it up..would this(spring kit)be better than just doing away with it(governor)completely?
tripledsracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:29 PM   #13
tripledsracing
Not Yet Wild

here is a few other pics...also can u tell if the motor has had anything done to it since it already has a lift?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sp 235.jpg (90.5 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg sp 236.jpg (91.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg sp 240.jpg (85.5 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg sp 238.jpg (85.1 KB, 9 views)
Old 02-06-2008, 08:09 PM   #14
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Looks sharp!! How do you like that steering wheel??

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 09:36 PM   #15
tripledsracing
Not Yet Wild

i like it..its little..but looks cool..thats what counts..ha,ha..oh yea what do u think its worth..i hope i didnt get burned!
Old 02-07-2008, 08:54 AM   #16
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Wow! Very sharp cart!!

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 04:05 PM   #17
tripledsracing
Not Yet Wild

thanks!!it has 22in tires..what else could i do to make it look good?were did you get the front head lights and tail lights in yours new guy i love the look!the front end on these are boring!
Old 02-07-2008, 07:40 PM   #18
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

From what I understand, the head lights I have were discontinued. There is a different style available.
The tail lights and lots of other stuff I got from Tom at www.cartpartsplus.com He has the nice two tone seat covers too.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 07:53 PM   #19
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewGuy View Post
From what I understand, the head lights I have were discontinued. There is a different style available.
The tail lights and lots of other stuff I got from Tom at www.cartpartsplus.com He has the nice two tone seat covers too.
Ya.... I was thinking the same thing about the headlites/buckets you have being discontinued. I think we still have a kit in stock (but I"M NOT TRYING TO SELL THEM) I can't get them any more either. I used to buy just the plastic "basels/inserts" fron Boylan Sales. They were larger and kind of wrapped around the sides of the upper ond lower front cowels and had anough room for a side marker lite. They looked really nice, but were much harder to install (you would have to take off the upper cowel/cut the lower cowel/reinstall the upper cowel and then cut it, then you would cross your fingers they fit corectly!) I'll see if there still available and a pix of them. Tripledsracing......you have a very nice car...and in my opinion the G9 model was one of Yamaha's BEST. Good luck on your project. Later Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 04:22 PM   #20
tripledsracing
Not Yet Wild

cool..how hard is the seats to redo?mine look like crap!!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha