lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-2014, 01:11 PM   #1
HuskerCC
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default lift and tire help

I have a 91 club car ds gas and I want to lift it and put at least 23" tires on it. The kicker is that i still want to golf with it, in fact it will be used for golfing almost exclusively. My local courses allow lifted carts as long as the tires arent too aggressive. So basically im looking for a 6-8" lift with a wheel and tire package with 23-25" street tires. Question #1, spindle or a-arm? Question #2, where can i find a package like this? Every package i see is either a low profile street tire or a very aggressive tire. If you could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance guys
HuskerCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-08-2014, 03:33 PM   #2
Streetbu
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: lift and tire help

Spindle lift for what your doing, Basically just looks. As far as tires that might be a little harder. I've never looked for that size tire in a mild tread...
Streetbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 05:57 PM   #3
HuskerCC
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Another question on the lift. I've noticed the A-arm and Super Sport lifts arent that much more expensive than the spindle lift, would I be ahead to spend the extra? I prefer to spend a little more if im getting a superior product. I honestly dont know alot about the differences in the lifts. I also plan on the 460 clone from Vegas Carts later this year or next spring. Also worth considering may be the fact that im pushing 255 lbs and 2 of the guys I golf with are around 300 so the cart will see its fair share of weight lol. Just trying to pass on as much info as I can to help those of you that reply
Old 06-08-2014, 07:22 PM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

The spindle lifts work fine for slower speeds. The double arm lifts tend to ride nicer, a lot nicer if they have better shocks, and the tire geometry is better, and better overall offroad. I would look at lawn (turf) and ag tires, maybe the desert style tires. They are starting to make on road UTV tires now also but they are not cheap. Some just by something like a BFG All Terrain truck tire if you have the right size wheel. If you keep the generator start and get a fairly quiet muffler on it, you should be able to golf just fine with it. It may be a step up getting on/off it all the time. I have a 420 clone in mine with the stock gen and it works just like a stock cart aside from the extra power and little louder exhaust note when I step on it. It has a car muffler. If the height is ok and you can budget it, the 25" on a CC are really nice setup and look killer. Your stock engine is not going to like them but you can work on the clutches for more takeoff power.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 12:47 PM   #5
HuskerCC
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

After more research and your input I think I will be using All Sports 4" super sport kit and EFX Fusion St tires 23x9.5x12. Main reason I decided to stay a little lower is stability at speed. Geoff at Vegas Carts said I should reach 35-37 mph with their 460 clone and 23" tires. Thanks for the help guys. Saving some $ for the project now, will post pics when I make some progress
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts