lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-28-2014, 09:43 PM   #11
Assassin
Getting Wild

Default Re: fat tire vs. skinny tire

I like them both ,,,but have wide fat tires on both of my carts...I like that look as well..BUT I know the skinner tires would be so much easier to turn
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-29-2014, 06:00 AM   #12
KillerCC
Call me Rich

Club Car

I've contemplated whether or not to go skinny in front also. Figured there must be a good reason why they put them on 2wd sport quads. Since mine is built for serious off roading, I'm looking for that extra edge, but if I'm just out trolling for chicks, then fat all around. No question!
KillerCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 07:38 AM   #13
reinman88
Gone Wild

Quote:
Since mine is built for serious off roading, I'm looking for that extra edge, but if I'm just out trolling for chicks, then fat all around. No question!
I wonder if anyone has done a study on the relationship between fat or skinny tires and the attraction of fat or skinny chicks.
reinman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 08:02 AM   #14
smokindawg
Gone Wild

Yamaha

With the big lift I have I just like the look of the fat tires better. But it sure doesn't help having the fat tires on when trying to drive in snow.
smokindawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 10:17 AM   #15
branson
Not here yet

E-Z-GO

it looks like most people think fat for show skinny for go. on the front at least anyway.
branson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 11:56 AM   #16
tculpepper
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok second part. If you go skinny in the front, what about rims? Wider in rear, or find one that's kinda medium?
tculpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 12:50 PM   #17
arcedout
Gone Wild

Club Car

Skinny front and back! When I was looking for tires I had a hard time deciding on fat vs skinny also but weighing the pros and cons the reasons I chose skinny all around was its important too me too be able too rotate tires, I figured fat tires= more weight too turn, and like Branson said Fat for Show Skinny for GO! And I'm very happy with the results... I have a 3000lb winch and haven't had too use it yet other than too secure the cart too the trailer. I've been threw 8 to 12 inches of snow, sand, deep mud holes, across rock bed rivers, and they haven't let me down yet... When I hit trails I drop the tire pressure down from 10 psi ( they recommend 7psi on side wall btw) to 5 psi and they spread out and hook up good... Guess it all depends on what the cart is going too be used for. If you get the right tire, skinny still looks just as tough at fat. I went with 26-9-12 Kenda Bear Claw and they run smooth on payment, I was surprised how nice they ride considering there a very aggressive tread... Steel belted too...
arcedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 06:07 PM   #18
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokindawg View Post
With the big lift I have I just like the look of the fat tires better. But it sure doesn't help having the fat tires on when trying to drive in snow.
This is the only issue I've had with fat tires. I put them all wide because I wanted max floatation on sand and snow. Since they are rounded only the center hits on hard pack anyway. They are never hard to turn, they eat anything the trail throws at them. They protect the wheels really well, which are 8" wide wheels. (22x11-

I do like the looks of big fat tires better. Maybe a childhood Bigfoot thing? lol anyone remember the original?

I think it helps a stock power cart as you want to float over stuff. I see a lot of sand like beach sand, and I could drive right over it no problems until I hit a hill of it. Now with the clone I have more power so not sure it would matter as much.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:04 PM   #19
johnk4jmk
Getting Wild

Yamaha

22x11x12 for me please!!!!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg train and motorcycle trip 136.JPG (117.9 KB, 0 views)
johnk4jmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 07:38 AM   #20
rokcrlr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I run skinny front, wider the tire the more power it takes to push it thru the soft stuff. I feel it also works better in the snow. You have a narrow tire up front which isn't powered. You are pushing it thru the snow. I don't know why you would want to "float"on top . You want to cut thru it to solid ground. But I do like the looks of the wides all the way around. But I prefer function to looks.
rokcrlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts