lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-19-2020, 11:51 AM   #1
spoiler1041
Not Yet Wild

Default blowing down converter fuses

my 48v to 12v converter blows fuse instantly. OK, a short. Was looking for a way to test for the short so I know when its fixed. Thought was hook meter to positive going into converter (now shorted out) then other probe to + on battery, I assume there should be no reading normally + to + but a short would complete the circuit through the converter. I get a reading so short is confirmed but I get the full 52v not 12v. So is the converter actually broke or is 52v expected?
spoiler1041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-19-2020, 02:48 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: blowing down converter fuses

You could get a automatic resetting circuit breaker to use while testing, avoiding using a whole box of fuses.

But first, disconnect all loads & wires from the output side of the converter. If it still blows input fuses, it's no good (if its the input fuse that's blowing).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 03:09 PM   #3
spoiler1041
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: blowing down converter fuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
You could get a automatic resetting circuit breaker to use while testing, avoiding using a whole box of fuses.

But first, disconnect all loads & wires from the output side of the converter. If it still blows input fuses, it's no good (if its the input fuse that's blowing).
Unfortunately the output quick connect will not come apart and really didn't want to cut it off but guess in order to move forward it must go.....

Thanks
spoiler1041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO