lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-17-2017, 10:29 AM   #1
stibstuff
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 06 EZGO stuck in slow after toggling tow switch

I purchased this cart 3 years ago from an independant dealer, he installed an LED light kit and a speed chip. The first week I had the cart, after throwing the Tow Maintenance switch to maintenance for storage, when I put the switch back to run, the cart would not accelerate past a very slow speed . I toggled the switch a few times and the problem was resolved. I decided to not use the switch after that.
3 years later, forgetting this problem, I threw the maintenance switch so that I can push it around without the alarm beeper sounding and now I can't get it to accelerate to normal speed no matter what I do with the switch.
Batteries are fully charged and connections clean and tight. The switch seems to be working because when in Run, the alarm sounds when I push the cart, when in Tow, I can push the cart without the alarm sounding.
stibstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-17-2017, 12:04 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 06 EZGO stuck in slow after toggling tow switch

Put controller in diagnostic mode and listen for an error code.

Text at bottom of attached label tells you how to get into diagnostic mode.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PDS Label on Controller Cover.JPG (142.9 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 10:59 AM   #3
stibstuff
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks John... cart is out at my cottage so I'll run the diagnostics this weekend and post what I find ... I've seen diagnostic routines on this forum, I'll also try to work my way through the appropriate one, maybe it will identify the problem... thanks again!
Old 01-22-2017, 07:33 PM   #4
stibstuff
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I put the controller in diagnostic mode as directed. There was 1 beep that I interpreted as an indication that it entered diagnostic mode, but there was no error code afterwards. I repeated the steps as indicated but did not get a error code...
Old 01-22-2017, 08:10 PM   #5
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Did you drive it?
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 07:59 AM   #6
stibstuff
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hmmm 🙄 No... 😬... Just assumed that "diagnostics" didn't mean "clear fault". But I should have at least tried it... Unfortunately it's gonna be till the weekend before I get back out there.... As stated earlier, my next step is to work through the trouble shooting steps with my dvm... Thanks!
Old 01-23-2017, 10:41 AM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

1 beep implies that there is no speed (freedom) chip installed. 4 beeps would be the freedom chip. Put the cart in diag mode again and drive it to listen for beeps.

Beep chip codes

1 beep = all-terrain 13.5 mph(no chip)
2 beeps = steep hill 13.5 mph
3 beeps = mild hill 14.5 mph
4 beeps = freedom (Speed) 19 mph
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 08:52 AM   #8
stibstuff
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: 06 EZGO stuck in slow after toggling tow switch

OK... Not sure how or why, but after putting the controller in diagnostic mode, noting the single beep, switching to forward, the cart is now operating correctly accelerating normally and reaching normal speeds (note that I removed the speed chip before I started this journey and have not put it back).
We had 6 inches of snow over the weekend so I won't be able to run at speed or do a full road test for some time. I'm going to declare victory for now but will post any changes once the weather breaks and I'm able to put some time (miles) on the cart.
Thanks to you guys for your help and expertise!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO