lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-26-2011, 12:09 PM   #11
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: New Tires/Wheels - Need some input!

No I don't but the inner fender has a molded bump out for the coilover, start right behind that and heat in an upside down "V" patern.
Pull very, very slowly so the plastic doesn't rip.
The main thing is to be paitent and don't rush it. Let the plastic move then clamp until cool.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-26-2011, 12:19 PM   #12
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Oops, double post.

If you are not comfortable trying that, you could cut the inner fenderwell 1" behind the coilover area, from the bottom up to just below the top curve, spread it open and rivet in a pie shaped filler behind it, then paint black.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 01:29 PM   #13
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

My G9 hit in the front. I slit the front down each side and made a bracket to hold it back, another cart I just ziptied it back about 1" or less from stock position. Nothing seems to come through the little slits that way, so it works ok.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 02:31 PM   #14
shmo
Gone Wild

Yamaha

The area I am looking at is not near the coilovers or the rockers. I need additional clearance at the back (near the bumper), just like the original poster. With that being said, this is where the plastic inner liner will have to be modified on my cart. The problem is the plastic is boxed in to wrap around that support. After altering the support, I know I will have to remove some of the boxed in plastic. I am concerned with being able to see "the hole in the box" after I trim the plastic back.

I am very comfortable heating and shaping it. I have done a fair amount of that sort of thing before. My only worry is that the area is very visible from the outside of the cart, and I want to make it look as nice as possible the first time.

Here are a couple pics

SHMO

shmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 03:20 PM   #15
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Is that tube on the end needed?
Old 04-26-2011, 07:06 PM   #16
stuff4mason
G8 Club Founding Member

Yamaha

good question sho! I'd like to hear the answer too!
stuff4mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:01 PM   #17
shmo
Gone Wild

Yamaha

The tube is just a portion of a single crossmember running the whole width of the cart. Now, the portion sticking out from the frame rails only serves the purpose of an attachment point for the inner wheel house. I could cut it off flush, but of course I would have to find a new location to mount the wheel house at the back of the cart. I "think" that is more or less what I plan on doing.

I will trim the crossmember back, slice a portion off the inner wheel house and simply address a new location to stick rivet in it. I "hope" it will leave me with a somewhat stock looking setup...
Old 04-26-2011, 10:26 PM   #18
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

By the looks of it I'll guess I would chop it off and weld a new angle or tube lower and back and mount a new flap on that. Then I'd mod the well best I could to look good without the lower flap part on it, and move it back enough to clear. If you have a step in it nobody will notice that. It looks like if you move the well that much it hits the round upright tube? I assume the tire is not going to hit that part. But I have a welder, sawzall, torch, etc.

You might be able to cut the tube part way back/etc as well, depending on how far you need to move it.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:52 AM   #19
stuff4mason
G8 Club Founding Member

Yamaha

evidently you guys have much more off-set than I. My tire is much deeper in the wheel well than yours. Not sure taking the end off of the rear brace is gonna help me!
stuff4mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:11 AM   #20
shmo
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Oh right, my cart does have considerable offset on the rear to match the jakes long travel up front. I have a ton of room on the inside. My only issue is the overall diameter of the tire and that crossmember support.

SHMO

My lifted G-19

My G22 with the much wider track width

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha