lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-26-2008, 06:04 PM   #1
RoadRunner
Not Yet Wild

Default Upgrading the 1990 CC seems to never stop

I guess it never stops.....
After the big-block upgrade, then came the muffler upgrade, but the cart still looked way too pedestrian.... So off to the drawing boards (and the bank, AKA: Annie). Here's the very pedestrian looking cart as this phase started:

Picked up a 'new-to-me' long top, it was a mess, been laying in the local golfcart boneyard for a while, lots of mildew, and crud.. .. The passenger side rooftop had a serious sag (seems that most of them I saw had a sag), so a template was made from the non-sagging side, and a 'rib'cut to push and keep it in place. The top was sanded inside and out, all the aluminum around the outside was wirebrushed. The aluminum was sprayed with Duplicolor gloss black, 3 coats, then 2 overcoats of clear. The top itself, was also painted with Duplicolor, a light beige, that almost matches the original color, then another 3 coats of clear on everything:

All the aluminum supports were removed, wire brushed, and repainted with 3 coats of Duplicolor gloss black, with 2 overcoats of clear. Next the rear body was removed, sanded out, and preped for painting. Fusion gloss black was used, sanding well between each coat, about 4 of them. Then came 2 overcoats of clear. The finish looks great, not as good as a $$$$ pro job would have been, but for this ol cart - she looks good! :) The rear body went back on, the new seats from CPP (another GREAT job from CPP :) !!!!) were installed. The cart had 2-piece backrest in the front, which was replaced with a 1-piece backrest, which really improved the look. The rear seats were recovered with matching 'skins' from CPP. In re-installing the rear seats, they are set up so that where they are attached to the backstep, the bolts function as a hinge. The two bolts attaching the forward part of the frame (right in back of the front seat) are topped off with wingnuts, so that the rear seat can be rotated to the rear for easier access into that rear engine hatch without leaning over the seat:

So this is where we are now:

Every removed fastener (nut, bolt, etc.) was replaced with stainless, rust GO AWAY.........
The next step is to take the front cowl off, and get it looking like the back. Once that is done, most likely a yellow pinstripe down the body along the flare.
Then I'll be done...... Fat chance huh......
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-26-2008, 06:41 PM   #2
Riorat
supervision required

Club Car

Default Re: Upgrading the 1990 CC seems to never stop

your cart is looking real good. I know what you mean about never being finished, I'm either working on mine our thinking about what to do to it next.
Riorat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 06:47 PM   #3
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Nice work Henri, it's looking great!!! Good ideas with the roof and
rear seat.

You know these things are never really done!! LOL!!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 11:03 PM   #4
jdsharp
Not Yet Wild

Nice ride
jdsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 09:46 AM   #5
Yamaha4life
The Overposter!

Yamaha

Really sharp! The roof came out really good...
Yamaha4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 10:00 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Philtinator, Dude! You look different. Did you get a haircut?
Nice! I like it.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides