lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Melex

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-03-2015, 10:56 PM   #11
mustang4fn
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Melex Brake Drum

Hmm, I just found this drum, 15125-G1 on

From the looks of it, it's flush inside the drum and sticks out on the outside. The opposite of my drum. However, if the thickness of this is similar, shouldn't it still work?
mustang4fn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-04-2015, 06:58 AM   #12
Epb
Gone Wild
Club Car

I would take the measurements u need and call that vendor and see if they will help by verifying the measurements. You would need to know the length of the axle from backplate to key and probably the threads U want the key to engage and the nut Call cunninhams carts they have melex parts but I didn't see a drum so call to check.
You can also call vintage you never know if they have it and just not on the website
Epb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 09:20 AM   #13
mustang4fn
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, I've sent them an email.

At some point today or tomorrow I'll take better measurements of the drum, as well as measurements with parts on.
Thanks again.
Old 11-05-2015, 12:47 PM   #14
mustang4fn
Not Yet Wild

Poking around on the internet, I found a site selling used parts with a left axle for sale. I tried to post the link, as well as the site, but it blocks it out here. It looks exactly like mine and the measurements are similar. The post states it is for an EZGO, but also fits a HD and a Melex. Would this confirm the keyed brake drum/hub OEM# 15125-G1 would in fact fit in my application?

Thanks!
Old 11-06-2015, 11:46 AM   #15
mustang4fn
Not Yet Wild

I found someone with the back portion of an ezgo for sale. Are there certain things I need to look for to make sure the axle will properly fit my Melex? Sorry, just a little hesitant since I don't know much about these creatures and the last thing I need around here is another heap. I'll get killed! :) Thanks
Old 11-06-2015, 09:01 PM   #16
Epb
Gone Wild
Club Car

I would look at hiw the rear leafs fit to each of the carts and then summize what needs to be done to mate uo. While your at it look at shock mounts too. I really cant imagine that you cant make it work.

Please ask the spline count of the transaxle so u can mske sure your motor will fit. Again it should but you need to verify.
Epb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 06:12 AM   #17
rib33024

I see a lot of links to golf cart business that are not sponsors here at BGW. Please respect the rules here at BGW

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/rules...gone-wild.html

BGW Rules

Members of Buggies Gone Wild
Become a respected and proud member of the largest golf cart forum on the internet: Buggies Gone Wild.

Above all, have fun and make new friends!

Feel comfortable about starting threads and posting comments especially in our General sections.

Ask questions and help others in our Technical sections.

Feel free to utilize our For Sale section for any personal items you may be looking for or have for sale.
***NOTE: The For Sale section is not for business sale or advertising from any member that is not a sponsor of Buggies Gone Wild!

Respect others and this site and remember that this is a family oriented forum.

No posting fowl and abusive language or obscene pictures in any form.

No business advertising or posting links of other golf cart business sites other than those of our sponsors: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/site-sponsors.php

We have a wide variety of sections on this forum: Technical/Repair, Custom/Builds, News/Events, General/Inspirational, Hunting/Fishing, ATV, For Sale, and many other areas of interest.

Remember this site is yours as much as it is ours. Please help to keep it a fun family site for everyone.

We hope you enjoy the site and will become part of our forum family here at Buggies Gone Wild.

If you have any questions, feel free to email us.

Thank you,
James
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Melex