lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-26-2009, 09:56 PM   #11
MIKEPEER
Gone Wild

Default Re: LED headlights

i think were talkling about it different company....or you just got ripped off cause all of the ones i know have a 5 year warr.
MIKEPEER is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-27-2009, 10:00 AM   #12
N2STRIPER
Not Yet Wild

http://www.maxxima.com/

I HAVE BEEN IN THE AUTO,MARINE,HEAVY DUTY,AND FLEET PARTS BIZ FOR +25 YEARS. I HAVE SEEN A LOT OF LIFETIME WARRNATY PARTS THAT ARE JUNK. MAXIMA DOES MAKE A LOT OF COOL TRUCKER LIGHTING. HOWEVER, MOST OF THE MAXIMA LED PRODUCT THAT I HAVE SEEN IN THE FIELD HAS VERY LITTLE IF NO POTTING OF THE LED CIRCIUT BOARD. ALL I AM SAYING IS THERE ARE HUGE DIFFENCES IN QUALITY IN LED ASSEMBLIES!!! JUST GO AND LOOK AT A FIRE TRUCK. SEE WHAT KIND OF LIGHTING IS ON THEM. PROBABLY WHELEN. WHO BUILT THE FIRST DOT....DOT LED HEADLAMP FOR THE HEAVY DUTY FLEET MARKET TRUCKLIGHT.
N2STRIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 10:39 AM   #13
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEPEER View Post
i'm getting ready to put some maxxima white led work lights on my cart this spring when it warms up. we've been selling them for a few months now and they are being used from interior lights on trailer to guys putting them on the back of a truck when they are spreading salt.

http://www.maxxima.com/products/24/Work+Lights.html#
MIKEPEER, I went to that site and am interested in some of the clearance marker lights for my street legal project. I could not get any pricing or ordering info. Is that a retail site?
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 10:55 AM   #14
MIKEPEER
Gone Wild

i'm not sure....i don't know much about the website. we've been a dealer for them for about 4 years and i they make a cheaper LED then a lot of OE suppliers. if you can't find them online just let me know what one your looking at and i'll see what they cost me tomorrow when i get to work.
i think that n2striper missed my point....if you want a cheaper LED look into maxxima they have a 5 year warr. i don't care if the the little korean kid forgot to glue it together....it's still under warr. if it's not due to damage or corrosion they cover if just one diode fails. some companys make you wait till up to half of the diodes fail.yes their are much better quality lighting but i didn't know this was a convo about finding the "best" LED. i was just saying that they do have cheaper LED lights.

and yes we are a dealer for truck light and grote...had a new grote the shop that was over $300 2 weeks ago....and it was bright.
Old 12-27-2009, 12:25 PM   #15
N2STRIPER
Not Yet Wild

ITS ALL GOOD. I TOO AM A DISTRIBUTOR FOR GROTE,TRUCKLIGHT,WHELEN,PETERSON,FEDERAL SIGNAL,UNITY,GLOBRITE,AND GO LIGHT. THE LIGHTING,BATTERY,AND FILTER KINGS.
Old 12-27-2009, 12:33 PM   #16
N2STRIPER
Not Yet Wild

THIS AS PROBABLY WHAT YOU SEEN IN YOUR SHOP.

http://grote.com/product.php?product_number=63571

THIS IS THE MINI TRILLIANT THAT I HAVE ON MY CART.

http://grote.com/product.php?product_number=63611

I SOLD A FEW OF THE LARGE TRILLIANTS TO THE CITY OF PORTSMOUTH FOR THE FIRE BOAT. TALK ABOUT BRIGHT!!
Old 12-27-2009, 04:13 PM   #17
MIKEPEER
Gone Wild

yup......they are the brightest white LEDs i've seen....only the city could afford them...
Old 12-28-2009, 10:39 AM   #18
N2STRIPER
Not Yet Wild

http://www.whelen.com/_AUTOMOTIVE/de...74&prod_id=442

YOU THING THE TRILLIANT IS BRITE TAKE A LOOK AT THESE. 10000 LUMENS!!! HIGH DOLLAR BUT BAD BRIGHT.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:45 PM   #19
trkbilder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I've tried about every configuration around. The cheapest and longest lasting is reg. incandes. headlights and everything else LED. Saves battery drain and gives me the light forward that I need. Just my $.02 worth.
trkbilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha