lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-06-2010, 10:42 PM   #1
Racing4funn
Not Yet Wild

Default Looking at 2 carts, what to look for?

Im looking at two Yamaha electric carts this week. Not sure on the model but one is a 05 and the other is newer.

Ive never owned one or shopped for one.. School me please.
Racing4funn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-06-2010, 11:01 PM   #2
Lifted
Gone Wild

Default Re: Looking at 2 carts, what to look for?

Well first, you got to know what you want out of a golf cart. What purposes will it be used for? What do you want to make it look like? Do you want to modify it?
Lifted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 11:21 PM   #3
Racing4funn
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifted View Post
Well first, you got to know what you want out of a golf cart. What purposes will it be used for? What do you want to make it look like? Do you want to modify it?
I modify everything so no way around that.. I would like to stay on grass and road, have a small lift with nice wheels and tires.. Guess from what Im reading a 48v as well.. If I got 36v it would just cost me more in up grades but guess price would be lower..

I didnt know if there were heavy worn stuff to look out for or places or parts that brake. Any model to avoid..
Old 06-06-2010, 11:38 PM   #4
Lifted
Gone Wild

I'm not an expert on models. Hell, even calling me an amateur on models would be too generous. But, I'd say go with a 48v. I have one with a lift kit. I dont know the exact model, but we use it at a campground. We use it to go through sand, rocks, dirt, hills, pot holes etc.

One thing I'd like to bring up, as you havent mentioned it yet, is the budget. Is one more expensive than the other? Or are they both relatively the same price? If they are about the same price, I'd say get the 2 model names and google it. I'm sure you'll find lots of reviews on it. Or just ask here. Either way, you wont be disappointed with a yamaha.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:05 PM   #5
Racing4funn
Not Yet Wild

I looked at the two carts:

one is a 03 and they both are g22 models. It has new paint and seat covers. The frame has a bit of rust and new batteries. The batteries are generic and guess they are cheap. Its also has nice aluminum 10" wheels and new turf/road rubber. I believe the cart was once rough and that was the cause of the face lift. Once rough means that the rest has had a hard life. Its priced at $2500

The other. 2005 G22 model original paint and everything. Maybe original batteries. Do the yamaha's come with Trojan 8xx batteries? The guy selling dosent know the batteries' history. Cart looks well cared for. This one has head lights and the 03 dosent. He wants $2650

there are advantages and disadvantages to both.. What do you say?
Old 06-07-2010, 10:44 PM   #6
Lifted
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing4funn View Post
I looked at the two carts:

one is a 03 and they both are g22 models. It has new paint and seat covers. The frame has a bit of rust and new batteries. The batteries are generic and guess they are cheap. Its also has nice aluminum 10" wheels and new turf/road rubber. I believe the cart was once rough and that was the cause of the face lift. Once rough means that the rest has had a hard life. Its priced at $2500

The other. 2005 G22 model original paint and everything. Maybe original batteries. Do the yamaha's come with Trojan 8xx batteries? The guy selling dosent know the batteries' history. Cart looks well cared for. This one has head lights and the 03 dosent. He wants $2650

there are advantages and disadvantages to both.. What do you say?
From what you explained in this post, I'd go with the 05 because its newer and no rust. You can always get better wheels later on. Alot easier than dealing with a frame.

Thats just my opinion and what I'd do if I had that choice. Maybe someone else will come and disagree.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:25 PM   #7
shipwrk99
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

i just baught a 06 g22 about 3 weeks ago i love it. i only paid 1900.00 for mine in northern il. it had the original batts in it which were trojens. but anywho i love mine.plenty of power even with the 6"lift and 12"wheels,and rear seat still has plenty of go. hope this helps
shipwrk99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:20 PM   #8
Racing4funn
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipwrk99 View Post
i just baught a 06 g22 about 3 weeks ago i love it. i only paid 1900.00 for mine in northern il. it had the original batts in it which were trojens. but anywho i love mine.plenty of power even with the 6"lift and 12"wheels,and rear seat still has plenty of go. hope this helps
Yea you got a rocking deal for sure.. I bought the 05 tonight.. Here is a picture.. Let the mods begin..

Old 06-08-2010, 11:36 PM   #9
Lifted
Gone Wild

Congrats man! Looks nice for being all stock. I would like to see it after youre done modifying it!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha